Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Click on sim menu delay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Click on sim menu delay Empty Click on sim menu delay

Post by Guest Fri 03 Feb 2017, 15:11

I've downloaded and installed the sims 3 and all his expansions a few days ago, even all the store content, the problem comes when i want to click on any sim while playing, the menu have a awful delay of around 5 seconds, even more if i click on my own sim, i know its caused by the store content, but the game without it its rather boring, so i want to know if there is any fix, or if there's any specific item in the store content turning the game so laggy, i used to have all the same expansions and store content 2 years ago at least, and the game worked like a charm, idk what should be happening, i tried nraas overwatch and nothing, remove cache files and nothing, only removing store content the game goes right, my pc specs (just in case): I7 6700, gigabyte z170 gaming 7, gtx 980, 16gb, etc.

Back to top Go down

Click on sim menu delay Empty Re: Click on sim menu delay

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 03 Feb 2017, 20:12

Hello,

We've been hearing this before, but there doesn't seem to be any real lead as to what is causing this.
I myself am using the same store content without issue (and the complete collection). Yes, there is some lag between clicking and actually getting the piemenu, but it's definitely no more than a second. 

I would advise you to have a look at Overwatch and Errortrap from www.nraas.wikispaces.com, and try the 4GB patch from here if you haven't done so already.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)