Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Pets Incompatible with Base Game and Launcher not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Pets Incompatible with Base Game and Launcher not working Empty Sims 3 Pets Incompatible with Base Game and Launcher not working

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 00:15

Hi there, I have been keeping an eye on this forum for the last couple of days, looking for topics related to the installation issues so I apologise if I have missed one. I have been having issues with:
a) Installing (the games4theworld) Sims 3 Pets (it's the newest version)
b) Running the game launcher
Just a few notes, I have installed the base game (it's an original copy, not downloaded), Town Life stuff pack (games4theworld) and Generations (games4theworld) so far, in the order of that thread provided on how to install the game properly.

I am now up to installing Sims 3 Pets and after entering the serial number and initiating the installation, I get a Compatability Error, stating: 'The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 Pets.". I have read a thread here that says to download a games4theworld copy of the base game but is there any other solution to fixing this? Only because I'm moving later today and probably won't have internet access to download the torrent. I have tried to open the Sims 3 Launcher so I could perhaps update the game automatically, which leads me to my next problem - The launcher appears with an Unknown Error has Occurred window. I then thought that using the manual update/fix from this website may solve the issue of the launcher but alas after following instructions for only the games installed plus the last few steps I still can't seem to get the launcher to work. I also can't use the .exe to run the Launcher (clearly I'm on a MAC)

Any help is greatly appreciated. If need be I will try to download the base game to install Pets but I don't think that will solve my Launcher issue somehow.

EDIT: Another note, all cracks have been applied correctly.
EDIT 2: Am now downloading the Worldwide CD/DVD patch available online (most up to date version) to see if that solves issue a)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets Incompatible with Base Game and Launcher not working Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets Incompatible with Base Game and Launcher not working

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2011, 09:23

So did you figure it out? I'm having the same problem here, the problem a). And I'm not sure if updating the patch will help, so did what you tried work?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets Incompatible with Base Game and Launcher not working Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets Incompatible with Base Game and Launcher not working

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2011, 23:05

It would be so kind if there was actually someone out there that could help us... I have the exact same problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 14 Nov 2011, 11:07

Hello,
We don't give mac-support officially. The mac section is here for mac users to help eachother.
Admin, Narong and I know little about mac, there are a few people on the forum who do, but like us, they all have lives in the real world and they may not be able to come to the forum regularly.
So I ask that you check back regularly and try to help each other.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Nov 2011, 23:16

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? Curious to know since I'm having the same issue.

Edit: Problem Solved

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Dec 2011, 17:29

MeeisLee, could you tell us how you solved this problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Dec 2011, 22:44

PMSowhat wrote:MeeisLee, could you tell us how you solved this problem?

Well, I ended up doing a reinstall since my base game wasn't from G4TW (Dale link) or from Reloaded at the time. I installed Reloaded's Sims 3 base game and then I followed this:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2341-the-sims-3-pets-step-by-step-installation-with-fixes

(I even made a comment on the topic in the link ^)

Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top