Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 1.26 update invalid file

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 1.26 update invalid file Empty Sims 3 1.26 update invalid file

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2011, 03:23

Hi,

I have downloaded all the expansions except Town Life Stuff and Out Door Living Stuff from here.
I have downloaded a few mods and many hairs and clothes of TSR. I've bought the Sims 3 base game.
I've tried to update my game to the newest patch 1.26 so Sims 3 Pets can work. But I'm having a few difficulties as when I update it and it gets to the end of the Installation Wizard, a pop-up says 'Error Occured : invalid file'. Does anyone know where I can download a working patch elsewhere or if you had a similar problem and what you did about it? And if so, does anyone know what file is invalid ? Just give us a hand please, I really would appreciate help on this! I want to play Sims 3 Pets >.<

Many thanks

~ Lozza

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 1.26 update invalid file Empty Re: Sims 3 1.26 update invalid file

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2011, 05:53

It might be in your mods and stuff.. I cut my folder (C:\Users\Jay\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods) and paste it to the desktop until I'm done installing/updating then place it back in The Sims 3 folder.. That usually works unless it's a problem with a crack (for crack issues, I run back through Admin's Ultimate Fix Guide)..
If you still get that error, I would copy (please use "copy"; your saves are involved) the whole \The Sims 3 folder to the desktop or somewhere and try again.. When's it is done, copy it back to \Electronic Arts folder making sure to say "Yes" when asked to merged..
Make sure you update your mods after patching if 1.26 versions are available too! Very Happy

Oh yeah; I get my manual patches here: http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims/the-sims-3/the-sims-3-patches/patches-the-sims-3/

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 05 Nov 2011, 08:46

Hello,
I'd try patching manually before trying anything else.That will probably the issue anyway. If you experience any in-game problems later, its probably your mods, but that can also be fixed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2011, 09:19

Okay, so I got the patch to work by downloading it manually, thanks! BUT ! I've looked around and I've got yet another problem >.> At first my game crashed when I placed a family into a house and tried to play them. So i did the DEP thing and I open the launcher, press the play button and it just freezes up and stops working. Any idea as to what I could do to fix that ?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 05 Nov 2011, 10:02

Hello,
You can bypass the launcher, start the game without it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)