Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 1.36 update Invalid File- used manual patch.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 1.36 update Invalid File- used manual patch.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 1.36 update Invalid File- used manual patch.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 05:25

Hello,
I was hoping that someone could point out my error. I did use the ultimate fix (until you're suppose to use the manual patch) and I still get an invalid file error. When i first opened the launcher it said that there was a script error and that the game could not be updated. I then tried to update anyways and it said invalid file.

I copied and pasted the manual patch directly into the Sims 3 game bin....there were no instructions in the file i received, so i hope it's right (my first time dealing with a manual patch). After copying and pasting that, i didn't do anything else...

Clearly I've done something incorrectly >.>

Thanks for the help in advance Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 1.36 update Invalid File- used manual patch.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 1.36 update Invalid File- used manual patch.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 05:49

the manual patch is installed by double clicking it...at least thats how i installed it Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 1.36 update Invalid File- used manual patch.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 1.36 update Invalid File- used manual patch.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 05:54

Maybe the patch i downloaded is the wrong one? It is the "To-8180.1.36.45.01002.app" and there isn't an actual .exe, but rather a contents folder that contains a "MacOS" folder, a "Resources" folder and the info.plist/ pkgInfo (file?). I downloaded it from this forum and i thought it was the latest update. Could you possibly post a link to the post that you downloaded yours from?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 06:01

check this ultimate fix...u also have the link for patch over there...that patch is installed by double clicking it

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 06:03

Thanks for your help! Im gonna download this and see if it works out for me.
Ill update when i know Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 06:06

read it carefully...make sure also that u have at least one of the expansion packs townlife..generations..showtime...katyperry....diesel...master suite...u need at least one of them so the cracks work
oh and your welcome

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 06:09

Alright I will, I've actually downloaded every game/expansion minus the outdoor stuff. That's why it take me so long to uninstall/ re install everything
Sad lol

Hopefully i get it right this time!

EDIT: Actually i have already downloaded this file as well...All that's in it are the cracks for each game and the actually guide from my understanding. I have to be missing something somewhere. ><;

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Jul 2012, 10:53

Hello,

The fix has a crack in it that you'll need after you patch.
From what I read, you got the wrong patch. You downloaded the one for MAC and not for PC. Download this one, and when it's finished downloading, simply doubleclick it to install. I do recommend removing the other patch that you copied to the bin.
When the patch is finished, open the fix you downloaded and copy the contents from the #crack folder to the base game\bin.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2012, 04:29

Thank you Lady ElDi!! You were right! I'm thankful for your help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:22

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top