Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Unable to Start Game: Service Initialized Failed": Sims 3 Generation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unable to Start Game: Service Initialized Failed": Sims 3 Generation  Empty "Unable to Start Game: Service Initialized Failed": Sims 3 Generation

Post by Guest Sun 06 Nov 2011, 17:42

About 2 months ago I didn't have any problems with playing the game. Then, it slowed. After that, it just gave out. I re-installed and followed the steps here, but to no avail. Possible problems could be that the base game was purchased. Although, that hadn't been an issue in the past. Can somebody help me out? I haven't tried the "Ultimate Fix" yet. I'll see in a few seconds, but from what I've seen of others with this specific issue, I doubt that it'll fix it.

//EDIT

the fix didn't work. instead of "unable to start game" fail, i get the "black screen crash"

Back to top Go down

"Unable to Start Game: Service Initialized Failed": Sims 3 Generation  Empty Re: "Unable to Start Game: Service Initialized Failed": Sims 3 Generation

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 06 Nov 2011, 20:30

Hello,
A retail base game doesn't usually cause any problems.
To solve the crashing issue, you might try this, specifically the DEP.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

"Unable to Start Game: Service Initialized Failed": Sims 3 Generation  Empty Re: "Unable to Start Game: Service Initialized Failed": Sims 3 Generation

Post by Guest Sun 06 Nov 2011, 22:22

that didn't do the trick neither. the black screen comes up after loading and I can hear the music, but its crashed.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 06 Nov 2011, 23:50

Hello,
Perhaps tweaking your graphicscard can help. How to do that is also on that page I linked to, but you may want to make sure your card is compatible first.
Also, if you're using any mods/cc, make sure they are compatible with your current patch level.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Nov 2011, 15:53

how do i know if they're compatible or not?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 07 Nov 2011, 15:58

Hello,
Remove them all from your game, if your game starts normally, you'll know one of your mods caused the issue. Putting them back in small groups of 5 will tell you which one is the culprit.
Note that core or scripting mods definitely need to be updated, cc like furniture may only need to be fixed
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Nov 2011, 16:32

Im having the same problem. I uninstall the game then install it again. the DEP doesn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 00:58

after re-installation, i moved all the EA files to a secure place. a new EA (My Document) file was created, brand new, w/o any content. the problem persist. i don't know what it is now. im pretty sure it isnt my graphic card, because the scan says im compatible

//EDIT

Do you think it could be because all the game downloads dont derive from your databank? some are from different sources.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top