Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing Town Life Stuff/Generations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing Town Life Stuff/Generations Empty Installing Town Life Stuff/Generations

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 16:50

Okay. I got My sims through a torrent by Acopyforall, which contains the base game(I easily got it to work.) and a list of others, put below. It is stated in the torrent installation that I need to install each expansion in the order that they came out. I believe this order on the torrent description to be the correct order.
2. The Sims 3: World Adventures
3. The Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff
4. The Sims 3: Ambitions
5. The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff
6. The Sims 3: Late Night
7. The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff
8. The Sims 3: Generations
9. The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff

I started installing the expansions and instantly was told (tried for the first 3 there) that I needed to update my Sims 3 to install them. I didn't know of this manual patch here, so I used the EADownloader to update. BTW worked fine. Was able to install everything up to Outdoor Living without incident. I installed outdoor, and got a message saying that it was out of date, and would need to be updated in the launcher (or was how I read it). Again, worked like a charm (tough didn't play because I didn't have one of the NEEDED expansions.) My generations hasn't downloaded yet, so I just jumped to TLS, but got an installation warning. I'll quote to the best of my memory.

Your Sims version is more up-to-date than this expansion. to properly install this expansion, you must download it's update (or download it itself, can't remember) from the launcher AFTER installing this(the disc).

SO I did. There was nothing to install/download from the launcher. So I thought I'd just input the fixes in the expansion folder, when I saw what I had to deal with. The 1.17(or so)GB disc installed about 130MB to the whole expansion folder. No TDLHost(or whatever it's called) or folders where in the bin file directory. I still installed the fixes, bringing size up to 135MB, thinking I might still at least be able to play. NOPE... Unless I did something wrong, but I followed all instructions to the letter. I will uninstall all the expansions to play if I have to, but I would love to run expansions, because I have never played a sims game with expansions, and thus lots more stuff. I couldn't find anything about this in the forums. I tried searching a few things, though I didn't pain stakingly search each thread that might have half a percent chance of even having something remotely about this.

HELP?

Back to top Go down

Installing Town Life Stuff/Generations Empty Re: Installing Town Life Stuff/Generations

Post by Admin Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:08

Hello,

Please start here, with these up-to-date instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO them in this order: 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Installing Town Life Stuff/Generations Empty Re: Installing Town Life Stuff/Generations

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 03:00

I will try that. Didn't know if it was exactly like the one I downloaded. Will see if it works. Will try it a few ways just to be sure it works. I figured it was for those whom couldn't download the patch through the launcher XP.

TY again.

EDIT: If it still doesn't work, then i will post a screenshot or two.

//EDIT

That didn't work, But I somehow managed to pull off some sort of
wizardry and it does, but Only when I don't use the TS3W crack... Wierd.
Mabee the manual played a part, but didn't work in itself.

Just glad to get it working again. TY admin. I dance the irish jig for you.

EDIT:
Wait. scratch that. It asks for the disk once i'm in the world loading
screen. think my TS3W is out of date. downloading latest ultimate fix. I
feel like a Installing Town Life Stuff/Generations 1490881299 right now.

EDIT:
OKAY. that fixed everything. At least untill I got to loading my
character from before all this updating. seames to just have stopped.
Will wait 5, and try again... Just took a really long time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 22:09

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top