Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So confused :/ ... Sims 3 pets... HELP?! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So confused :/ ... Sims 3 pets... HELP?! [SOLVED] Empty So confused :/ ... Sims 3 pets... HELP?! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Dec 2011, 11:54

Okay this is the first torrent I ever downloaded, so please be nice and forgive my stupidity... Sad

I have the sims 3 disc, its installed on my computer... I decided to try the pets expansion pack because there was one for sale at a rummage sale located in our local church. Stupidly, I bought it and didnt check the case until i got home... and of course inside there was a disc for the sims 2 bon voyage... clearly not what i wanted. But I had totally got myself excited to play the sims 3 pets... so I decided to try this whole torrent thing out. It took me forever to figure out i needed to download bittorent or whatever, to actually download a torrent. Then I soent like 4 hours trying to figre out why, after it downloaded it wouldnt open... (I realized afterwards that i needed winzip lol) so i unzipped, i followed installation guide perfectly, and im actually impressed that i got it all done... So excitedly I opened the game and..........

"No sims 3 pets game disc was found. Please insert the sims 3 pets disc."

Okay so I have searched for a topic explaining what to do, but cant find anything..... someone help?

And please keep in mind I need the "dummies" version of any explanations... lol Its now 6 am in the morning... ive never stayed up this late for anything! Ill check for replies when I wake up cause im falling asleep at the leys!

thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

So confused :/ ... Sims 3 pets... HELP?! [SOLVED] Empty Re: So confused :/ ... Sims 3 pets... HELP?! [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 17 Dec 2011, 12:35

Hello,
Actually, you did quite well for a first timer.
First, you should only use winRAR to open G4TW uploads. The files get messed up if you use any other program.
But if the game installed fine, maybe there's no problem there, and you simply forgot to crack the game or misplaced the crack, which should go in the Base Game\Game\Bin, regardless of whether or not you own a legit copy of the base game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

So confused :/ ... Sims 3 pets... HELP?! [SOLVED] Empty Re: So confused :/ ... Sims 3 pets... HELP?! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Dec 2011, 20:14

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
Actually, you did quite well for a first timer.
First, you should only use winRAR to open G4TW uploads. The files get messed up if you use any other program.
But if the game installed fine, maybe there's no problem there, and you simply forgot to crack the game or misplaced the crack, which should go in the Base Game\Game\Bin, regardless of whether or not you own a legit copy of the base game.

I did, I triple checked that i put it in the correct spot. When i opened the folder to the base game those files already exsisted in there, but to be safe i still dropped new copies in there. But still not working Sad

And thanks BTW, I was really proud of myself because this computer stuff is really confusing... im one of those who knows the basics, but everything else is jibberish lol

//EDIT

I dont know if this matters or not, but I do have the original Sims 3
disc in when I try and open it, should I take that out maybe?

//EDIT

OMG I went and checked again, and moved those files into the folder, but
this time i noticed it wasnt letting me move the other file, so last
night i must have been tired and clicked away without reading the msg...
but now i logged in as admin and it let me move the file fine... and
NOW IT WORKS!!

Thank you Lady ElDi!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Dec 2011, 23:34

justsomegirl wrote:
And thanks BTW, I was really proud of myself because this computer stuff is really confusing... im one of those who knows the basics, but everything else is jibberish lol
Hi there,

Haha, don't worry, you'll get used to it. Remember you can always contact us if you have any problems.
Thank you Lady ElDi, for now, topic closed. Wink

Have fun playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top