Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 complete.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 complete. Empty The Sims 3 complete.

Post by Guest Thu 09 Feb 2017, 02:43

There is something very wrong with this tracker, in that after waiting for 15 minutes, it now decides to connect.. WhatDidUJustCallMe? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 complete. Empty Re: The Sims 3 complete.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 09 Feb 2017, 02:56

sylvantos wrote:There is something very wrong with this tracker, in that after waiting for 15 minutes, it now decides to connect.. WhatDidUJustCallMe? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hello again,

Nothing is wrong "with the tracker", since nowadays you connect through DHT and/or directly with other peers. Make sure you got the latest available program version of you torrent client, and double-check your router configuration (forwarded ports, router firewall exceptions, etc.).

Then have another look here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads-guide

The torrent connected for me after 10 seconds, so there is nothing wrong with it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Feb 2017, 03:51

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
sylvantos wrote:There is something very wrong with this tracker, in that after waiting for 15 minutes, it now decides to connect.. WhatDidUJustCallMe? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hello again,

Nothing is wrong "with the tracker", since nowadays you connect through DHT and/or directly with other peers. Make sure you got the latest available program version of you torrent client, and double-check your router configuration (forwarded ports, router firewall exceptions, etc.).

Then have another look here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads-guide

The torrent connected for me after 10 seconds, so there is nothing wrong with it.
1 client is up to date
2 i download using it all the time with no problems at all, nothing wrong with my ports / router
3 This was the only torrent I have had any serious problem with, anything else was fine.  its nearly downloaded now, so not a big deal Smile thanks anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 09 Feb 2017, 19:14

sylvantos wrote:1 client is up to date
2 i download using it all the time with no problems at all, nothing wrong with my ports / router
3 This was the only torrent I have had any serious problem with, anything else was fine.  its nearly downloaded now, so not a big deal Smile thanks anyway

Maybe it's a case of this here. Wouldn't be surprised if *those who do not approve of our work* actually attempted to do this, if they're not doing this already. Could also be some form of ISP-throttling on your end.

I noticed on my 11-year-old laptop, when I download stuff on occasion, it takes a while for stuff to load, but I'll assume that is due to the old hardware and/or Windows XP.

But all in all, the torrents are working fine. We get these messages from time to time, that "torrents are not working anymore", and that supposedly trackers are the issue. Again, trackers are less important these days. There isn't really anything we can do on our end about this. All you need, is either the .torrent file or the magnet link (and the right settings).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 09 Feb 2017, 20:33

I've experienced myself, that I need to load the magnet link, as well as the torrent file, for some torrents to start in a timely manner.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top