Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuffit Expander Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuffit Expander Issues Empty Stuffit Expander Issues

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2017, 16:12

Hey everyone, 

I've done a pretty thorough search of the forums and I couldn't find this issue anywhere, so I apologize if this has been previously addressed and I somehow missed it. 

I recently downloaded the Sims 3 complete collection and have been trying to extract the files with Stuffit Expander, however, SE does not recognize any of the files. When I attempt to unzip the files, SE opens a new box in finder in which the complete collection RAR is not selectable. I uninstalled and reinstalled SE several times from different locations (including both available versions in the App Store) and attempted some troubleshooting, but nothing seems to be working. 

I've read on other, older forums that SE is the only tool that fully unzips the files, but are there any alternatives at this point? Could this possibly have something to do with the recent Mac update to Sierra? I know you guys aren't Mac users, but I'd really appreciate any advice you might be able to give me. This is an epic bummer. 

Thanks Smile

//Edit

OK, everyone, I think I've found the solution. The problem seems to be with the newer version of Stuffit Expander (15.0.7). I downloaded version 15.0.4 and it is now recognizing the file. I tried to post the download link, but I am unable to since I am a new member. Do a Google search for OldApps + Stuffit and it should pop right up.  

I will update if there are any additional issues with file recognition, but hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out.

Back to top Go down

Stuffit Expander Issues Empty Re: Stuffit Expander Issues

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 10 Feb 2017, 19:18

That's good to hear! Hopefully other users can benefit from your findings. You can post links if your membership is >7 days, so you can come back to post it, or send a PM to one of the staff so we can post it on the forum for you Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)