Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate fix and expansion pack issues. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ultimate fix and expansion pack issues. [SOLVED] Empty Ultimate fix and expansion pack issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2017, 01:58

I've read and re-read the installation guide and I'm still having problems, so I'm guessing it's a brain fart.

I have your version of the sims 4 working fine, I applied the latest ultimate fix, realised none of the expansions are showing up, so i downloaded them all and copy and pasted them into the folder (replacing the files as instructed) in the correct order, then I had to apply the fix again cos the game was mad about being out of date or w.e but now the expansions are still not showing up. Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Are there any installers I need to run?

Back to top Go down

Ultimate fix and expansion pack issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ultimate fix and expansion pack issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2017, 02:15

Okay I fixed it myself. Anyone with the same problem, here's what I did (hopefully it'll save the mods some time!)

I made the mistake of installing ultimate fix before expansions, I think you're not supposed to use it if you want expansions, So I deleted the game data.txt in the documents folder so it didn't kick off about the version being newer than the last expansion, and then I copied and replaced the expansions in order and this time I didn't apply the ultimate fix! It's working fine, even with Mods. 

Sorry Mods, I knew it was a brain fart! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Ultimate fix and expansion pack issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ultimate fix and expansion pack issues. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 14 Feb 2017, 16:44

No problem!
You're indeed not supposed to use the fix, if you're going to use DLC. The fix is only for people who want just the base game for any reason.

Anyway, good to hear you've fixed it yourself. Don't hesitate to post if you ever have trouble figuring something out.

Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top