Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I created (what I thought was) separate save games, but they seem to have merged?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I created (what I thought was) separate save games, but they seem to have merged? Empty I created (what I thought was) separate save games, but they seem to have merged?

Post by Guest Thu 02 Mar 2017, 23:14

Exactly what the title says; I already had one save, decided to do a challenge on a separate save, but later (after closing and saving the game) I go to load up a save, but it only shows one save, and when I open it, it takes me to the usual select the household interface, but both the households are in the world.
If this has already been posted, or if I'm just being dumb, I apologise, but if anyone could help, that'd be nice Smile
EDIT:  The ts4 that I'm playing is from g4tw, I also have all the expansions, again from g4tw. I don't have Origin, it doesn't seem like I need it? I did have it a while ago, but I think I uninstalled it pretty thoroughly, idk tbh. If you need any more info, just ask.  I'm sorta new to posting in forums, so I'm sorry if I haven't done something correctly.

Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

I created (what I thought was) separate save games, but they seem to have merged? Empty Re: I created (what I thought was) separate save games, but they seem to have merged?

Post by Guest Fri 03 Mar 2017, 00:57

When you went to make a new save, did you click new game?

Back to top Go down

I created (what I thought was) separate save games, but they seem to have merged? Empty Re: I created (what I thought was) separate save games, but they seem to have merged?

Post by Guest Fri 03 Mar 2017, 01:01

Yes I did.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Mar 2017, 08:57

Zoe_Alex123 wrote:Yes I did.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Zoe_Alex123,

Could you show us a screenshot from the following location on your computer? Smile  Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Mar 2017, 18:46

Here you go;

I created (what I thought was) separate save games, but they seem to have merged? Untitl10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Mar 2017, 19:54

Zoe_Alex123 wrote:Here you go;

I created (what I thought was) separate save games, but they seem to have merged? Untitl10

You could try moving out the file named Slot_00000001, from this folder. Then you take the file Slot_00000003, and rename it into Slot_00000001 (i.e. the file that you just moved). Then you start up the game, and load up as you normally would. See what happens now...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Mar 2017, 20:43

(writing this on my tablet as I load the game)

Well, when I get to the the main screen, 1. There is no 'create a new save' button. 2. I press the play button and it brings up CAS.
I continued the sim it gave me which brings me to the 'select a world' screen. Before when I hovered over a world, it would show that I had a played household in one of them, but now it doesn't. Checked to see if my previous sims were where I left them, they weren't.

I'm assuming the above is because I moved out the save.
Moved in the sim. Saved and closed the game.
Went back to the Sims 4 folder and there is now a save 2 as well as 1 and 3.
Opened up the game again, made a new sim, go to move her in, check where I put the last sim and yep the last sim is showing up.

I haven't moved in the second sim, just leaving it at that screen for the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Mar 2017, 20:49

Zoe_Alex123 wrote:(writing this on my tablet as I load the game)

Well, when I get to the the main screen, 1. There is no 'create a new save' button. 2. I press the play button and it brings up CAS.
I continued the sim it gave me which brings me to the 'select a world' screen. Before when I hovered over a world, it would show that I had a played household in one of them, but now it doesn't. Checked to see if my previous sims were where I left them, they weren't.

I'm assuming the above is because I moved out the save.
Moved in the sim. Saved and closed the game.
Went back to the Sims 4 folder and there is now a save 2 as well as 1 and 3.
Opened up the game again, made a new sim, go to move her in, check where I put the last sim and yep the last sim is showing up.

I haven't moved in the second sim, just leaving it at that screen for the moment.

I know it sounds stupid, but are you 110% sure that you renamed the Save_000000003, EXACTLY into the name of the file you moved out? If nothing works beyond that, then I'm unsure what else to say, I'm sorry.

All I can offer as a tip for the future is that you try getting used to create backups of your savefiles, regularly, so that when something unexpected happens, you can easily copy back such a savefile, and then hopefully not lose too much in-game progress...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Mar 2017, 21:08

I'm pretty sure, I mean, it has the same amount of zeros if that's what you're saying.
The problem came when I tried to move a new sim into San Myshuno, and when choosing the apartment, instead of clicking the back arrow, I clicked the X at the top, cancelling the move, and I then went and made her again and moved her in without creating a new save. Now I realise that cancelling the move probably put me into my previous save and that's why she was in the same save. I then deleted her because I realised what I'd done, but I guess I'd already messed up the game by then.

Sorry, for writing so much.
I hadn't done very much on my saves, so I'll reinstall the game and see if that fixes it.

Thank you very very much for helping me and replying so quickly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top