Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Sims 2 Game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Broken Sims 2 Game. Empty Broken Sims 2 Game.

Post by Guest Thu 09 Mar 2017, 19:58

Hi, I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere, also this is my first time posting on the forum I think, so hi. I used the games4theworld sims 2 complete collection download and it worked perfect 100%. Wellll, I got misled like a dumb ass and saw something that said "use this key to get the complete sims 2 collection for free from steam". So I thought, hey a legal version is better than an illegal one. I wish I hadn't but what I did was go to uninstall the sims 2, but it didn't show up in programs to uninstall. SO I went into its file folder and just DELETED all of its files. Then I realized I actually COULDNT get the legal version of sims 2, so I re downloaded the torrent from games4theworld again. When I went to install it worked fine, but when I got to one expansion pack (I think it was seasons, maybe an expansion pack after seasons?) the installation program gave me an error saying "it appears there is already a sims 2 game here, installing to this folder will corrupt your game" or something like that. Well now I'm stuck because I don't know 1) if sims 2 is still installed on my computer since I deleted all the files, 2) how to run sims 2 if it is installed and 3) if I corrupted and ruined the sims 2 by installing to the same folder a second time. Please help me out!

Back to top Go down

Broken Sims 2 Game. Empty Re: Broken Sims 2 Game.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Mar 2017, 02:46

trillijuana wrote:Hi, I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere, also this is my first time posting on the forum I think, so hi. I used the games4theworld sims 2 complete collection download and it worked perfect 100%. Wellll, I got misled like a dumb ass and saw something that said "use this key to get the complete sims 2 collection for free from steam". So I thought, hey a legal version is better than an illegal one. I wish I hadn't but what I did was go to uninstall the sims 2, but it didn't show up in programs to uninstall. SO I went into its file folder and just DELETED all of its files. Then I realized I actually COULDNT get the legal version of sims 2, so I re downloaded the torrent from games4theworld again. When I went to install it worked fine, but when I got to one expansion pack (I think it was seasons, maybe an expansion pack after seasons?) the installation program gave me an error saying "it appears there is already a sims 2 game here, installing to this folder will corrupt your game" or something like that. Well now I'm stuck because I don't know 1) if sims 2 is still installed on my computer since I deleted all the files, 2) how to run sims 2 if it is installed and 3) if I corrupted and ruined the sims 2 by installing to the same folder a second time. Please help me out!

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

I moved your post to the correct section. Smile  A nice guide about TS2 (and removing it) can be found here:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Uninstall

In general, with these older games it is NOT enough to just remove the files. Modern cracked games can usually be deleted by removing their install folder simply, but that doesn't work on older disc-based games. These will write certain entries into the registry, and other more or less hidden files that need to be removed as well.

Also, after uninstalling anything, you must re-boot the computer in order for the changes to take effect. before you continue with re-installing.

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 19:58

Hi so this actually doesn't help me at all. I used the link you gave me to try to remove the hidden files, but none of the hidden folders that pop up have the same names as the folders referenced in that link you posted. When I open those folders they appear to have something to do with TS3 because they will say Sims3SP05Setup or things like that, however some of those hidden folders do not reference TS3 and will just have a file that says "setup". I'm not sure what my next step should be.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 14 Mar 2017, 20:37

You can try one of those registry cleaners. Many of them have free trials and even the free versions of the program might do the trick. I myself have positive experiences with both Ccleaner and Advanced System Care, and both offer registry cleaning in their free versions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 20:42

I'm not really techy so sorry if this sounds dumb but how is the registry cleaner supposed to help if I went and looked and there's no sims 2 files

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 14 Mar 2017, 20:44

Because the cleaner is techy Wink
You don't have to do much more than run it, it'll look for missing links and delete entries accordingly.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 20:45

Okay thanks! I'll download and run it when I get back home, can you maybe link my a how to guide for it, because like I said I'm literally stupid and have no idea what to do hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 14 Mar 2017, 20:59

You can try the free version, or the free trial of Ccleaner. Just download it, install and run. 
Broken Sims 2 Game. Cclean10

Pick the "Registry" tab as shown in the image here, and select "scan for issues". If any are found, you are given the option to save a backup before fixing the issues that were found. There's no harm in saving a backup, it's only a small file and you can use it to restore the registry in case something goes wrong. That doesn't happen a lot, but it's best to be safe.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Mar 2017, 04:41

trillijuana wrote:Hi so this actually doesn't help me at all. 

Maybe I should have mentioned (more clearly before), that if you can't find certain things mentioned in the guide, then at least delete the ones that you DO find. Smile

Other than that, there are various other options. Like, you could do a manual search of the registry (CTRL + F3?) and then search for "The Sims 2". Search the entire registry, and delete all registry entries that are clearly related to TS2. That's obviously something that can be tricky to do, and given your case, I actually don't recommend you do this on your own. I could try helping you via TeamViewer, and help delete the program remnants.

I'm not entirely familiar with TS2 (I only did this a few times, with TS3), but let's see. Feel free to check the Forum chatbox at the top of the main page, to see if I am online there.

And for the future, please, never try "fixing" something that is not broken. Because I suspect your former TS2 installation is a total mess, and solving this issue won't be easy.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top