Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial Modification Error (SIMPLE VERSION)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unofficial Modification Error (SIMPLE VERSION) Empty Unofficial Modification Error (SIMPLE VERSION)

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2011, 20:36

Hello everyone!

Refer to Help Here: http://bit.ly/vyYiQ4

I recently had the Error Command Prompt Displaying " It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match you current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated version of them – otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."

Well Here's some light that to shed on that will help you. As stated before by Gigafrost you'll have to pick out EVERY SINGLE mod you put in your "Mods" folder. Well I found a solution that could help you do that easier and waist less time. = SIMPLE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BEFORE YOU DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING STEPS:

Make sure you don't press continue. Just don't, unless you want to be stuck with a black screen and have to force Sims 3 to close. VISUAL REPRESENTATION BELOW vv

Unofficial Modification Error (SIMPLE VERSION) Captur13

STEP 1: Go to your Mods Folder and Click on the "Date Modified" Tab . Make sure It shows Packages from 2011, 2010, and 2009 - If you installled any packages from those previous years. In other words Group your Content By a Year or Month (If Possible) VISUAL REPRESENTATION BELOW vvv

Unofficial Modification Error (SIMPLE VERSION) Captur11

STEP 2: Make sure you do not, I repeat DO NOT delete any of the files until you found out which year the Incompatible Mod Is In! VISUAL REPRESENTATION BELOW vvv

Unofficial Modification Error (SIMPLE VERSION) Captur14

STEP 3: Now open up Sims 3. If you get the same Prompt then RESTORE the Mods Back and put another "Date Modified" Time Period until You know which year the corrupted modification is in. Now that you know which year the corrupted modification is in all you have to do Is first Take all unnecessary modifications to the Recycling Bin and boot Sims 3 Up again.

STEP 4: Now you that know which Modification is not enabled you to properly run your game, permanently delete it, and now you should have a proper boot up screen. VISUAL REPRESENTATION BELOW vvv

Unofficial Modification Error (SIMPLE VERSION) Sims_310

STEP 5 : PROFIT ! Unofficial Modification Error (SIMPLE VERSION) 294340757

I hope this made the hard labor a bit easier. Please Post any question below. I love helping out the community. I as well want to thank Gigafrost for helping me make this process easier for others.

Razz

M.M

Admin edit: Images fixed.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Modification Error (SIMPLE VERSION) Empty Re: Unofficial Modification Error (SIMPLE VERSION)

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2012, 02:33

The message comes up regardless for me,even when I don't have my mods folder in :\

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Modification Error (SIMPLE VERSION) Empty Re: Unofficial Modification Error (SIMPLE VERSION)

Post by Admin Tue 03 Jan 2012, 02:35

Gabe4867 wrote:The message comes up regardless for me,even when I don't have my mods folder in :\
Hello,

Apply the latest version of this Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2012, 02:45

Admin wrote:
Gabe4867 wrote:The message comes up regardless for me,even when I don't have my mods folder in :\
Hello,

Apply the latest version of this Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
I don't get how you open the installation guide >_<

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 03 Jan 2012, 02:50

Gabe4867 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Hello,

I don't get how you open the installation guide >_<
Hello,

You need Adobe Reader in order to open the .PDF file.
Adobe Reader can be downloaded here: http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/?promoid=BUIGO
You might want to uncheck the box in front of the "Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus - optional (0.98 MB)".
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top