Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3: Expansion Pack/Stuff Packs Install Error [Steam Version]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3: Expansion Pack/Stuff Packs Install Error [Steam Version] Empty Sims 3: Expansion Pack/Stuff Packs Install Error [Steam Version]

Post by Guest Fri 17 Mar 2017, 19:52

Before I get complaints I would like to say I have read the "MOST-UP-TO-DATE" Installation Instructions

Hello all, first i'd like to say thanks for taking the time to read this (For those of you who actually did) & taking a moment to help me. Recently I purchased Sims 3 from Steam, (No expansions, no stuff packs) but & it is quite fun, but I refuse to purchase an expansion pack for x4 what I bought the game for. The expansion/stuff pack prices are complete ****.

Moreover, I have tried looking for an installation guide, & I have checked multiple resources, the following links I have read multiple times:

How to install The Sims 3 Correctly
Sims 3 Ultimate Fix
Update The Sims 3 to 1.67 (Not really relevant)
Sims 3 Origin Base Game, Pirated Expansions
Help Installing Sims 3 Expansions/Stuff
Installing Expansion Packs Error
Multiple other posts & video sources.

From what I have seen none of those links provide an actual fix for MY problem, nor do they have instructions on how to actually install the expansions, they just tell you to do it. (Including the first link on my list). I just get this error: "This Product requires an installed copy of The Sims3. Please install The Sims3 before installing this product."

I have made backups of my game install & the data in the C:\Users\*****\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
before attempting this. I tried copying the folders into the directory and running the Sims3EP02Setup.exe from there & even in a folder on the desktop. I finally came across this post here after watching tons of videos
Can I have torrented expansions on a legal base game?

It basically states that you may install pirated expansion/stuff packs with a legal base game with the exception of it being Origin ONLY. 
So I suppose my two questions are there a viable workaround for this without me jumping through hoops & having to download a cracked version of The Sims 3? If so may someone be so kind as to help me through it?

Last edited by MisterBossFTW on Fri 17 Mar 2017, 19:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Picture file of error)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3: Expansion Pack/Stuff Packs Install Error [Steam Version] Empty Re: Sims 3: Expansion Pack/Stuff Packs Install Error [Steam Version]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 17 Mar 2017, 20:46

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

You can install the pirated expansions on a legal base game, yes, but it has to be either a disk, or an Origin version. The Steam version installs differently, so the expansion installers don't recognize the base game, unfortunately. 

However, it is possible to transfer your Steam game to Origin, as explained here
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3: Expansion Pack/Stuff Packs Install Error [Steam Version] Empty Re: Sims 3: Expansion Pack/Stuff Packs Install Error [Steam Version]

Post by Guest Sat 18 Mar 2017, 00:14

Thanks Ɛɗιη, I was trying to figure out if I could find workaround for this. I will take a look at this & post back with results.

//EDIT
Thank you so much for that Ɛɗιη, I never would of thought to redeem my Steam CD key for that game on Origin. I can work with this.

Last edited by MisterBossFTW on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 14:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Mar 2017, 02:39

MisterBossFTW wrote:Before I get complaints I would like to say I have read the "MOST-UP-TO-DATE" Installation Instructions

I'd also like to add that yes, pretty much all of the guides here are based on cracked games (and not Steam/Origin versions), and that in this particular instance, the TS3 Must-read guide contained all information that was available at the time the guide was written

We may add a notice about Steam-based games to the instructions as well, I suppose. Smile  Please understand though for the future, that the guides we post almost always tend to be 'complete to the best of our knowledge'. If you find anything missing from it, then it is almost certainly because what you had in mind is (technically) not possible to do.

And yes, if you like to add something to your already-written post, consider using the "EDIT"-button on your post.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top