Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install The Sims 4 on my D drive.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install The Sims 4 on my D drive. Empty Can't install The Sims 4 on my D drive.

Post by Guest Sun 26 Mar 2017, 11:03

Hi there, I've recently had a problem with installing The Sims 4 downloaded from Games4theworld. During setup, I had to change the installation location from my C to D drive since it was running out of space.

However, when I went to install, it still thought it was installing on the C drive and, of course, failed to install. It's like the installer is hard-coded to install on the C drive.
Am I doing something wrong, or is installing on the D drive impossible? I also read the installation guide in the RAR file and the forums, but they said nothing about this, only some stuff about moving the installation folder once it's installed.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Back to top Go down

Can't install The Sims 4 on my D drive. Empty Re: Can't install The Sims 4 on my D drive.

Post by Guest Sun 26 Mar 2017, 11:49

Unfortunately the G4TW download of the basegame will ALWAYS install on C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
Whatever you change in the window for the destination, it will be overruled.
Only after the installation you can move the install folder to another location or drive.

Try to make some extra space on your C drive by removing unused programs or temporarily move them to another drive and restore the position after the installation and moving of the base game.
If your downloads come by default on your C drive, move them to another drive to gain extra diskspace.

When you are familiar with Daemon or Poweriso you can mount and install THIS DOWNLOAD  directly on your drive D or elsewhere. You can then later add the DLC's of G4TW (Get to Work, Get Together, City Living)

Back to top Go down

Can't install The Sims 4 on my D drive. Empty Re: Can't install The Sims 4 on my D drive.

Post by Guest Sun 26 Mar 2017, 12:46

Since I am familiar with PowerISO, I'll use the ISO you provided me with. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Mar 2017, 14:06

If you should wish to install everything at once with just 1 click, look HERE
It includes everything, from base game upto and incl. City Living. (13,4 GB download, space required on disk approx. 20 GB)
Mount in Poweriso and click on setup.
First time play as an administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Mar 2017, 15:29

The installer that came with the first ISO looked corrupted and stuff, so I'll just try this one out. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Mar 2017, 17:28

CoolDasher wrote:The installer that came with the first ISO looked corrupted and stuff, so I'll just try this one out. Thanks!

There is (or would have been) this topic as well:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19572-how-to-move-the-sims-4-to-another-partition-after-installation-fix

Unfortunately, at the time the torrent was compiled this error was not apparent, so there is no notice in the included install guide...well, good luck either way!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Mar 2017, 09:32

Is the FitGirl Repack provided by tarac's ISO the same as the Games4theworld release? I know that they're both based on the RELOADED crack, but will I be able to install G4TW updates and stuff on this repack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Mar 2017, 10:31

We can't know for sure as we haven't seen the updates as yet.
Will they be copy/paste or via a setup ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Mar 2017, 14:38

Pretty sure it's copy and paste.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Mar 2017, 17:10

Copypasta ftw. 

What a Face

Edit: we are planning to re-release the base game of The Sims 4 in the (near) future, that will also be in "drag and drop/copy and paste" format, like the other DLC releases of Games4theworld.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top