Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we install sims 4 on drive D yet?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can we install sims 4 on drive D yet? Empty Can we install sims 4 on drive D yet?

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2016, 20:17

I want to get back playing sims but I made my drive c small so I want to install games on d but last time I installed sims 4 it was't possible, is it possible now?

Back to top Go down

Can we install sims 4 on drive D yet? Empty Re: Can we install sims 4 on drive D yet?

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2016, 20:37

Yes, it is possible but the first installation of G4TW downloads is still on the c drive. After installation you can move the installation folder to any drive you want (also external drives)

Back to top Go down

Can we install sims 4 on drive D yet? Empty Re: Can we install sims 4 on drive D yet?

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2016, 21:12

Hello,

I'm not sure this is actually as smooth as that. What about the registry keys?
How will the system know you have moved the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2016, 22:04

Shamrock wrote:Hello,

I'm not sure this is actually as smooth as that. What about the registry keys?
How will the system know you have moved the game?
You can even install the Sims 4 without any mention in the registry.
There is an all-in-one download of just the installation-folder which you can download to and play from any drive you want.
I downloaded it directly on an external drive and play it from there. The only problem is that the default language is English and without an key in the registry it is pretty dificult to change that language.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2016, 22:49

I'm at lost. So can I move around the one I got from this site or do I have to get the "all-in-one"? Where is it though?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 09 Sep 2016, 23:13

Hi there,

Unfortunately we cannot update an existing torrent any more, but this is what you're looking for: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19572-how-to-move-the-sims-4-to-another-partition-after-installation-fix

No need to re-download a whole new torrent for that.
Please keep us updated, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Sep 2016, 23:26

Admin wrote:Hi there,

Unfortunately we cannot update an existing torrent any more, but this is what you're looking for: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19572-how-to-move-the-sims-4-to-another-partition-after-installation-fix

No need to re-download a whole new torrent for that.
Please keep us updated, good luck!

Thanks your all your help. But I just realized when I installed windows 8 c drive magically got 10 gb from the drive d without me doing nothing. Quite annoying thing. I'll just left it as it is.
If I start struggling with the space it'll be helpful.

update: whenever I try to move the get to work etc to the sims' folder pc crashes and shows blue screen lol. my pc is literally abut to die so I deleted everything I downloaded. still thank you very much.

Last edited by Opheliakc on Tue 13 Sep 2016, 12:25; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2016, 09:25

As soon as you have the Sims 4 installed you can safely move the installation folder to any other drive (even external)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top