Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had to reinstall, but gender update is not available in main downloads? Game will not run with old saves.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Had to reinstall, but gender update is not available in main downloads? Game will not run with old saves. Empty Had to reinstall, but gender update is not available in main downloads? Game will not run with old saves.

Post by Guest Mon 17 Apr 2017, 08:46

Hi friends. 

So my windows 10 machine updated itself the other day and when I went to play TS4 this evening, I noticed that all the important .exe files and such were gone. I didn't keep the installation files from a while back so I downloaded them again from the main site. I reinstalled them in the correct order just as I have done in the past, but apparently the version of the game installed by those files was older than the one I already had. Specifically it was the update that removed the gender limitations that was missing. 

Since my previous saves were made with the newer version of the game, the older version I just installed does not play nice. The game gives the typical "The saved game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4 than is currently installed. Please update in order to safely load this saved game." error, then crashes if you try to load the neighborhood. CAS seems to work okay, but I didn't try to save any sims [checking CAS is how I know the gender update is missing].

I've checked the forums to be best of my ability, but none of the posted topics seem to address my problem. I'm hoping that someone with more knowledge than me might be able to help me come up with a solution. I'm pretty attached to my saves, especially since I spent a good amount of time last week making a nice little cottage.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this, I really appreciate it!

-Asminja

Note: The downloads I have tried are from the main site [via torrent]: 

• The Sims 4.rar
  • The Sims 4 - Get to Work.rar
  • The Sims 4 - Get Together.rar
  • The Sims 4 - City Living.rar
  • TS4_UpdateOnly_Fix.rar
  • TS_No_Origin.rar

Back to top Go down

Had to reinstall, but gender update is not available in main downloads? Game will not run with old saves. Empty Re: Had to reinstall, but gender update is not available in main downloads? Game will not run with old saves.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 17 Apr 2017, 09:31

Hello @asminja,

You ONLY have to use these items, and in the following order: Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> City Living. Do not use the Update-Only TS4 Fix, please.

If you apply/install the items in that particular order, you will have everything up to City Living installed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Had to reinstall, but gender update is not available in main downloads? Game will not run with old saves. Empty Re: Had to reinstall, but gender update is not available in main downloads? Game will not run with old saves.

Post by Guest Mon 17 Apr 2017, 21:43

Hi The_gh0stm4n,

That order of installation is the very first thing I tried. All the others were separate attempts that also didn't work.

-asminja

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top