Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot Start because require game data is missing or damage please reinstall the game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot Start because require game data is missing or damage please reinstall the game Empty Cannot Start because require game data is missing or damage please reinstall the game

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 13:20

Hi Everyone,
I have stumbled here,hoping someone can help me solve my problem.

I have been playing the reloaded version of Sims 4 for about a month with no issues. Decided yesterday that I wanted to add the expansions. I downloaded and installed Get to work, after a few loading errors with CC issues, I found the culprit and worked fine. I then installed Get together.
It initially worked fine, so I attempted reintroducing my CC and the game refused to load with the:

"Cannot Start because require game data is missing or damage please reinstall the game" error.

So I removed CC bit by bit untill I didnt have any left and I continued to get this Error. Tried to reinstall get together but having the same issue. I found this site and tried the ultimate fix, added exceptions, even turned windows defender off, replaced my files with those in the Fix but I am still recieiving the above error, no CC, no downloaded lots or sims.

Any ideas? Can I fix it without losing my saved games?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Back to top Go down

Cannot Start because require game data is missing or damage please reinstall the game Empty Re: Cannot Start because require game data is missing or damage please reinstall the game

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Mar 2016, 15:18

Heidipiedy wrote:Hi Everyone,
I have stumbled here,hoping someone can help me solve my problem.

I have been playing the reloaded version of Sims 4 for about a month with no issues. Decided yesterday that I wanted to add the expansions. I downloaded and installed Get to work, after a few loading errors with CC issues, I found the culprit and worked fine. I then installed Get together.
It initially worked fine, so I attempted reintroducing my CC and the game refused to load with the:

"Cannot Start because require game data is missing or damage please reinstall the game" error.

So I removed CC bit by bit untill I didnt have any left and I continued to get this Error. Tried to reinstall get together but having the same issue. I found this site and tried the ultimate fix, added exceptions, even turned windows defender off, replaced my files with those in the Fix but I am still recieiving the above error, no CC, no downloaded lots or sims.

Any ideas? Can I fix it without losing my saved games?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Hello and welcome to the forum @Heidipiedy,

Under point 3) here, I mentioned another possibility that can help with your problem.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22164-unable-to-start-cannot-start-because-required-game-data-is-missing-or-damaged-fixes

Try this suggestion. I would also apply the hotfix described here, just to know for sure. Good luck for now and keep us posted ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Cannot Start because require game data is missing or damage please reinstall the game Empty Re: Cannot Start because require game data is missing or damage please reinstall the game

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 17:08

Hi Carlos!

Thanks for your help. Iforgot to say I had already tried running it as an administrator, but I went through it all again and am still getting the same error.
I have also installed the hot fix and still no joy Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 03 Apr 2016, 21:10

Heidipiedy wrote:Hi Carlos!

Thanks for your help. Iforgot to say I had already tried running it as an administrator, but I went through it all again and am still getting the same error.
I have also installed the hot fix and still no joy Sad

Sorry for the late reply, but have you also tried moving the installation directory of The Sims 4, directly under the desktop ? Then try running the game from there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top