Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Unable to start.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Unable to start. Empty The Sims 4 Unable to start.

Post by Guest Wed 19 Apr 2017, 19:40

IDK if i did something wrong or what, but i followed the instructions on how to install base game and expansions and everything, i shut origin off, i ran as an administrator in both TS4 and TS4 64 bit. both times i get the error message 

"Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play."

Someone out there know if i messed up when maybe moving files over to base game folder? or if i messed up switching from the EA folder into the progamx86 or whatever its called folder? i've never come across this issue with any of the games i get from here.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Unable to start. Empty Re: The Sims 4 Unable to start.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 19 Apr 2017, 20:00

//Topic Moved.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

Did you make sure you installed City Living last? 
Have you played a different version before, perhaps a legit game?

Those are the 2 things I can think off, right of the top of my head.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Apr 2017, 20:11

Ɛɗιη wrote://Topic Moved.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

Did you make sure you installed City Living last? 
Have you played a different version before, perhaps a legit game?

Those are the 2 things I can think off, right of the top of my head.
i had a previous legit game downloaded but deleted it and everything affiliated with it right before i began installation of these games. and yes. i downloaded everything, in the proper order, making city living the last to install.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 19 Apr 2017, 20:34

Are you sure there is no trace of Origin, or your old savegames?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Apr 2017, 03:04

i have origin still downloaded because i have mass effect andromeda. am i going to have to uninstall origin?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Apr 2017, 02:08

I have a similar issue going on as well, only I never had origins connected with my pirated Sims game. Was working fine before I installed a dlc for the game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Apr 2017, 21:37

ok, so the legit copy of the sims 4 was deleted as well as all save data, and i had also had city living but deleted that as well as saved data. i also have uninstalled origin. however, i do have mass effect still installed. i deleted everything and am in the process of redownloading the torrents onto my desktop and hope that that works. otherwise, i'm at a loss. i've never run into this issue before, so i'm a bit thrown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:26

I'm having the same error message when I installed the Get to Work expansion pack..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:56

Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.

This message will display whenever you start a game with a lower version than the one you have played in.

Simple solution:
Go to the folder User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Delete the file GameVersion.
Now start your game again.

And yes,when playing a pirated version of the Sims 4, Origin must be closed (also check the ^ sign (bottom of taskbar near the clock)). When you see the Origin icon, rightclick on it and close/exit it.
And no, you don't have to uninstall Origin, just make sure it's not open (active) on your computer.

The error above is mostly caused by:
1. Playing with both an original game (version 1.29) and a pirated game (version 1.25)
2. Installation of pirated DLC's in the wrong order (Get Together is version 1.20 and City Living is 1.25). Correct order is Base, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living). DO NOT APPLY the ulimate fix unless you wish to play with the base game only and no DLC's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Apr 2017, 14:03

Tarac wrote:
Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.

This message will display whenever you start a game with a lower version than the one you have played in.

Simple solution:
Go to the folder User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Delete the file GameVersion.
Now start your game again.

And yes,when playing a pirated version of the Sims 4, Origin must be closed (also check the ^ sign (bottom of taskbar near the clock)). When you see the Origin icon, rightclick on it and close/exit it.
And no, you don't have to uninstall Origin, just make sure it's not open (active) on your computer.

The error above is mostly caused by:
1. Playing with both an original game (version 1.29) and a pirated game (version 1.25)
2. Installation of pirated DLC's in the wrong order (Get Together is version 1.20 and City Living is 1.25). Correct order is Base, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living). DO NOT APPLY the ulimate fix unless you wish to play with the base game only and no DLC's.
Ooooooooooooh, so then I CANT just have one DLC (say Get To Work) because then it'll just be an older version of the pirated version. I get it now, no wonder I was always getting the llama error, it kept downgrading my game. Gosh, and I was hoping to just only play with one DLC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Apr 2017, 15:20

You can safely play base game + Get to Work
However not Base game + Get Together or Base Game + City Living.

When playing Base + Get to Work only and you have previously played with Get Together and/or City Living, you will get the version error (Unable to start).
In that case you must delete the file GameVersion from the folder User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top