Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have to uninstall the G4TW Sims 4 to install the new method?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Do you have to uninstall the G4TW Sims 4 to install the new method? Empty Do you have to uninstall the G4TW Sims 4 to install the new method?

Post by Guest Mon 08 May 2017, 22:09

What the title says. 

And if so, HOW do you uninstall the G4TW Sims 4?
I tried using add+remove programs to uninstall it, but even after that the folder still showed up in my program files/desktop icon was still there and I was still able to run it normally as though it was never uninstalled. I made a new account just to ask this question because I couldn't find a related topic anywhere, so if I could get an answer I would really, really appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Do you have to uninstall the G4TW Sims 4 to install the new method? Empty Re: Do you have to uninstall the G4TW Sims 4 to install the new method?

Post by Guest Mon 08 May 2017, 23:05

TrashGod wrote:What the title says. 

And if so, HOW do you uninstall the G4TW Sims 4?
I tried using add+remove programs to uninstall it, but even after that the folder still showed up in my program files/desktop icon was still there and I was still able to run it normally as though it was never uninstalled. I made a new account just to ask this question because I couldn't find a related topic anywhere, so if I could get an answer I would really, really appreciate it.
No it will overwrite existing files/folders

Back to top Go down

silent install - Do you have to uninstall the G4TW Sims 4 to install the new method? Empty Re: Do you have to uninstall the G4TW Sims 4 to install the new method?

Post by Guest Mon 08 May 2017, 23:28

Really? Because i currently have two "The Sims 4" installed, and it takes up quite a lot of space.. Should I not uninstall the old one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 00:15

Imariej wrote:Really? Because i currently have two "The Sims 4" installed, and it takes up quite a lot of space.. Should I not uninstall the old one?
Are you talking about your "The Sims 4" folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 14:16

sweeteizus wrote:
Imariej wrote:Really? Because i currently have two "The Sims 4" installed, and it takes up quite a lot of space.. Should I not uninstall the old one?
Are you talking about your "The Sims 4" folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 ?
No, it's actually installed twice, under programs:

silent install - Do you have to uninstall the G4TW Sims 4 to install the new method? Here10
I'm afraid if I uninstall the old one (top), it will automatically delete all my folders and I have to install the new one again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 14:25

Imariej wrote:
sweeteizus wrote:
No, it's actually installed twice, under programs:

silent install - Do you have to uninstall the G4TW Sims 4 to install the new method? Here10
I'm afraid if I uninstall the old one (top), it will automatically delete all my folders and I have to install the new one again.
Why uninstall it ?
As far as I can see from your picture, it only contains the base game ? - never updated as it still is version 1.0
But if you need the diskspace, by all means de-install it as you can always re-install via the official Origin site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 15:23

That's weird, the first one is the one i had from the g4tw download, it's always been like that, i should mention that this was under the uninstall thing, so it's possible that all the updates just didn't show up?? idk

Regardless, I tried uninstalling it and it messed everything up without actually clearing any diskspace. So i had to delete and reinstall everything i'm an idiot lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 15:49

Imariej wrote:That's weird, the first one is the one i had from the g4tw download, it's always been like that, i should mention that this was under the uninstall thing, so it's possible that all the updates just didn't show up?? idk

Regardless, I tried uninstalling it and it messed everything up without actually clearing any diskspace. So i had to delete and reinstall everything i'm an idiot lmao
Yes, when you gave me the uninstall details, it's obvious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top