Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Uninstall Sims 4 G4TW. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't Uninstall Sims 4 G4TW. [SOLVED] Empty Can't Uninstall Sims 4 G4TW. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 00:16

So I've come to a problem where an error message comes up saying that the game cannot start for some reason. I've tried to fix the game without uninstalling but wasn't able to fix it and now think that I've done something that would be beyond repair as it is as of now. So, now I decide, I'll just go through the hassle of uninstalling and re-installing all over again and start with a new clean slate. 

The problem is, when I go to control panel to uninstall it, I can't find the program The Sims 4 to uninstall. I check my program files and the Sims 4 files are still there. I also tried searching on the forum to see if someone also asked how to uninstall Sims 4 and downloaded an uninstaller program but The Sims 4 doesn't come up there either. Can I just delete the Sims 4 folder in the program files to "uninstall" the Sims 4?

Back to top Go down

Can't Uninstall Sims 4 G4TW. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't Uninstall Sims 4 G4TW. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 00:19

Yes, you can. But first run the validator and post the result here. We might be able to fix it.

Back to top Go down

Can't Uninstall Sims 4 G4TW. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't Uninstall Sims 4 G4TW. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 00:43

anadius wrote:Yes, you can. But first run the validator and post the result here. We might be able to fix it.
I just tried  and for some reason it says "could not detect game version, wrong directory selected"

I definitely selected the right directory. From my c: drive --> "program files" --> "The Sims 4"  There are still files within the game folder. The last time I updated this folder was to overlay with the latest update ending in 1020.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 00:45

kimmi1073 wrote:
anadius wrote:Yes, you can. But first run the validator and post the result here. We might be able to fix it.
I just tried  and for some reason it says "could not detect game version, wrong directory selected"

I definitely selected the right directory. From my c: drive --> "program files" --> "The Sims 4"  There are still files within the game folder. The last time I updated this folder was to overlay with the latest update ending in 1020.

I'm re-downloading the Get Famous and update folders again and see if I can re-overlay it again. I'm thinking that might mess things up again though, haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 00:50

Validator looks for "Game\Bin\Default.ini" file and reads the game version from it.

Actually they all end with 1020 (or some old ones with 1010). The most important numbers are 2nd and 3rd. Like 1.47.51.1020.

Just remember to apply them in that order. Get Famous first and then the update. And then run the validator. And tell me what releases you have on your disk (just list filenames of releases you downloaded).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 00:56

anadius wrote:Validator looks for "Game\Bin\Default.ini" file and reads the game version from it.

Actually they all end with 1020 (or some old ones with 1010). The most important numbers are 2nd and 3rd. Like 1.47.51.1020.

Just remember to apply them in that order. Get Famous first and then the update. And then run the validator. And tell me what releases you have on your disk (just list filenames of releases you downloaded).

I just checked my game/bin folder and there's no file "Default.ini" in it. Just a "Core, python, res" folders. 

And, yes didn't realize they all end in 1020 but I did install get famous first, as per instructions and then overlay with the update 1.47.49.1020. I hadn't downloaded update 1.47.51.1020 yet as I didn't check forum since a week ago.

I'm thinking somewhere during the download of get famous or the update, files were lost? And I never really had the complete folders to begin with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 00:58

Oh, also I have every install release from G4TW from the base game to get famous and every update patch along the way, all the way until update 1.47.49.1020.

Screenshot of list of releases I currently have: 

Can't Uninstall Sims 4 G4TW. [SOLVED] Files10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 01:05

Copy contents of "13 Get Famous (S4)" again and run validator. If it still doesn't work create "Game\Bin\Default.ini" file. Validator should ask for the version, just type 1.47.49.1020.

BTW what's inside S4 Updates?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 01:28

anadius wrote:Copy contents of "13 Get Famous (S4)" again and run validator. If it still doesn't work create "Game\Bin\Default.ini" file. Validator should ask for the version, just type 1.47.49.1020.

BTW what's inside S4 Updates?

Th S4 updates folder has all the released updates that have come out. I keep them just in case. Also, good news! For some weird reason I found a game folder IN the updates folder! Good thing you asked me about it because I wouldn't have checked it. I have no idea how long its been in there or why, but I just replaced the game folder in programs with the one I found and am validating game now. After validating, I'm going to start up game and see if everything is working as it should and check back here to update if problem is solved. 

Thanks for all your help! It's much appreciated and is better than having to uninstall and re-install all over again, haha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 01:47

I'm not sure what is wrong but "hash mismatch" hints to me that something is wrong. These are the results below after validating: 

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 02:00

Detected game version is 1.38.49.1020 (Laundry Day Stuff) so that "Game" folder you found wasn't from Get Famous. Jungle Adventure, My First Pet Stuff and Seasons are listed as "unknown files" because those DLCs came out after Laundry Day Stuff. But there are no Get Famous files listed. So do as you said earlier - download Get Famous and update 1.47.51.1020, apply them and run validator again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 06:07

anadius wrote:Detected game version is 1.38.49.1020 (Laundry Day Stuff) so that "Game" folder you found wasn't from Get Famous. Jungle Adventure, My First Pet Stuff and Seasons are listed as "unknown files" because those DLCs came out after Laundry Day Stuff. But there are no Get Famous files listed. So do as you said earlier - download Get Famous and update 1.47.51.1020, apply them and run validator again.

So after I re-downloaded get famous and the update. I reinstalled all files and overlayed both and that fixed the error. Thanks for all your help!

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top