Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Assistance for The Sims 4 Installation (OSX)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Assistance for The Sims 4 Installation (OSX) Empty Need Assistance for The Sims 4 Installation (OSX)

Post by Guest Sun 14 May 2017, 08:50

I hope I could get some help here, -- for the past 3-4 days I've had troubles on setting up TS4 to my Macbook. I went through and followed carefully the installation guide using wineskin winery which was written by wataru2. From copying and pasting to actually dragging each and one folder into the wrapper just to see it running. I did the sequence by Base Game --> GTW --> Get Together --> City Living --> Ultimate Fix. Was it strange albeit that I eventually got the game running, but I find no DLC content in the entire version (1.25.136.1020)? 

**I fully updated my wineskin and wrappers upon the process.

There weren't any San Myshuno or Windenberg or Magnolia Promenade or whatever related content that I can find in the game. 

Also, even with the newly bought Macbook Pro 13' (2015) with a surpassing system requirement, it was COMPLETELY lagging... Well, I guess it must have been something that I haven't tweaked in this laptop or whatever hindsight I'm currently experiencing. But if anyone would be so kind as to assist me through this, I'd be very much grateful since I tried so many times acknowledging any blunders and repeat the process from scratch for 3-4 days now. It didn't work.

I did considering other alternatives like repacks from trusted sources but even with the compressed installation, I've had errors throughout the unpacking process and eventually I didn't get the game installed. I was bound to stuck on where I left off (the G4TW version) because I had no way of knowing on getting the game to fully work like I previously had on my PC. I guess the issue here is with the Mac. 

Do I actually have to pay for the game to run smoothly or are there parts of my OSX that was actually faulty?

How am I supposed to resolve this? Why God. Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

Need Assistance for The Sims 4 Installation (OSX) Empty Re: Need Assistance for The Sims 4 Installation (OSX)

Post by Guest Tue 16 May 2017, 15:54

Hey Nadia! City Living actually contains the latest "ultimate fix" so since you applied an older version of the fix then that may have "broken" it. Try installing it again but this time don't add the "Ultimate Fix". Hope that helps! Let me know if you're still having issues x

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top