Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Checking (Concerns the Official G4TW Update)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Double Checking (Concerns the Official G4TW Update) Empty Double Checking (Concerns the Official G4TW Update)

Post by Guest Tue 16 May 2017, 15:02

Hello all. I tip my fedora. I have been content to lurk here for the past two years, but the latest update has compelled me to make an account. It has been my wont to scan every fresh download once it is completed with AVG. I am well used to the usual false positives and look for them quite expectantly and deal with them as I think proper, but this time my scan results are very different. I have the usual "potentially unwanted application" file and two results of the more unsettling virus called Win32/Heim.B

Now, I normally would find all the joyous comments in the official release thread to be quite heartening, but many seem to be suffering from the infinite loading screen curse. Coupled with the Win32/Heim.B virus warning, I am forced to wonder if there is something more sinister at work. My desire to trust the official releases as I have always done is much dampened by the conflicting reports from those who have used ZLOrigin and seem to be playing about with swamping one program for another. It is proving most diffictult to keep the differing accounts straight.

I really would love to extract the contents of the package and start updating, but I cannot do so without some extra assurance, preferably from someone who has tested the official G4TW version for an extended length of time.

Yours in justifiable caution,

Ralis

Last edited by Ralis on Tue 16 May 2017, 15:08; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Double Checking (Concerns the Official G4TW Update) Empty Re: Double Checking (Concerns the Official G4TW Update)

Post by Guest Tue 16 May 2017, 15:04

I've been stuck on the infinite loading screen for probably about half an hour, give or take. Nothing seems to fix it and I don't really understand why a crack would be released if you can't even play the game aside from create a sim

Back to top Go down

Double Checking (Concerns the Official G4TW Update) Empty Re: Double Checking (Concerns the Official G4TW Update)

Post by Guest Tue 16 May 2017, 15:12

Ughust: This is exactly what is concerning to me! I see much goodwill about seeding the download, yet no one seems to have gotten much further than CAS! I is confused
Encouraged to update I am not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 May 2017, 15:25

I installed the new G4TW update over my TS4 folder which was from ZLOrigin. I didn't encounter any infinite loading screens and CAS issues.

If you're worried about it messing up your game, create a backup of your current The Sims 4 folder and a backup of your saves as well. After that install the update and see if it worked.

Also, use Windows Defender or Malwarebytes instead, AVG is known for detecting crack files as viruses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 May 2017, 15:35

MaxisPC: I shall consider renewing my acquaintance with Malwarebytes, though I must say that this Heim.B virus sounds like one mean bandicoot--I do not intend to unleash anything resembling it on my machine without just cause. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 May 2017, 16:08

I did pretty much the same thing to get around the infinite loading screen. I renamed my GFTW version, and copied my ZClient copy of Sims 4 to where my GFTW was, then I opened the GFTW crack, and only copied the "Game" folder where the actual crack is, and applied it to the ZClient copy. It worked fine.. Loaded an old save, actually got into the game. No infinite loading screen.

If I experience any issues, I will be sure to mention it here. So far so good though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 May 2017, 13:49

For some reason that file didn't flag for me.  I scanned the folder specifically as well just to check.  I applied the fix and was able to load and play with no problems whatsoever for a few hours last night, including making and playing as a vampire.  I have not tested toddlers yet.  No issues with my computer as of yet and things within the game are actually loading very quickly.

ETA: I had the infinite loading screen prior to applying the fix so I can't speak to what was wrong in that sense, but after applying it everything is working perfectly.  I have only used the official GFTW update and fix, not any of the previous/alternate versions of this update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 May 2017, 18:58

The game works absoloutely fine for me. If you have an infinite loading screen, there is a very easy fix for it. The game's loading is not even affected on my machine (8GB RAM, GTX 750 TI), and I have been playing very easily. Although Norton, the most annoying and slow antivirus has been pestering me, I've managed to restore the files it delete and my machine is fine. The only reason I stopped playing is because it's gotten a tad boring. I can't really explain why it's boring now, but it just is after my vampire sims had two kids. Also, I hate toddlers so really the only reason I got this update was for the vampires. Perhaps you would find it fun for longer than I did.

FIX

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 May 2017, 19:56

I have also had the problem with the infinite loading screen, but the "fix" fixed it. I than had some issue with my cc, after spending a day sorting through it, managed to find the culprits and can play without a hitch. I always backup my game, move mods, saves and tray to the desktop before installing. I , however, only use Windows Defender as Virus protection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 May 2017, 21:57

Although I got G4TW working perfectly, I'm impressed and happy with zclient/zlorigin. It's so easy !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top