Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Operation did not complete because file contains virus"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Operation did not complete because file contains virus"  Empty "Operation did not complete because file contains virus"

Post by Guest Tue 16 May 2017, 21:33

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I must have done something wrong! I went to get newest release from g4tw, and when I finally went to play the game I was given a warning "operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus" when trying to open the TS4.exe. I followed the included guide to install it and I did disable my virus software, and no warnings or anything popped up, but still got this warning. I also added all the Sims related folders to the exceptions list, but that didn't do anything to help. I tried again after complete uninstalling my virus software, but this still pops up. I am running on Windows 7, and I have also had windows defender disabled. I do have all the previous packs and releases only from g4tw too. 

I believe I otherwise installed everything correctly and my Sims game was working perfectly fine before updating to the newest release. So if anyone could help me in actually being able to access the game and stop my pc from flagging it as a virus ridden file? xD I still currently have my virus software uninstalled.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top