Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to organize the Sims 4 folder?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to organize the Sims 4 folder? Empty How to organize the Sims 4 folder?

Post by Guest Thu 18 May 2017, 02:47

I mean the folder in the Documents.

Are there any tips?

I played the Sims 4 from Games4theWorld on October/November and I kept a backup copy. I also played the Sims 4 demo (to try toddlers) later. I'd like to merge both folders to have both my old game and my game with toddlers. Is it possible?

I went to Saves and Tray folders but I don't understand anything there.

Back to top Go down

How to organize the Sims 4 folder? Empty Re: How to organize the Sims 4 folder?

Post by Guest Sat 20 May 2017, 20:42

Hi Enric,

As far as I know, Saves folder contains a loadable saved game file. Tray folder contains stuffs you see in My Library.

Before following this below, please make sure that your game's data folder has been backed up. Very Happy

Technically, you can merge the old saved file to the newer version of saves folder, but before merging, you need to change the number of saved game which was stamped as a file name to the next number of the largest save file's number.

For example, assume that the left window is an old version of saved game's data you like to merge to the game (I'd like to say backup folder) and the right window is a game's data I'm using for playing (I'd say current folder).

Current folder's version should be equal or newer than the backup folder since the game can recognise the older version and able to do upgrade it to the game's version.

Assume that I would like to merge Slot_00000008.save to the game, so I'm going to find the next number of the largest save file number in the current, which is 21 (Slot_00000021.save).

How to organize the Sims 4 folder? Sims4-10

I'm starting merging by change Slot_00000008.save to the next number, which is 22, so the file name should be Slot_00000022.save. After renaming, copy it to the current folder.

How to organize the Sims 4 folder? Sims4-12

You can verify your saved file by opening the game, click "Load game" icon. Your save file should be in the list. (You can identify by a date modified of saved file).

How to organize the Sims 4 folder? Sims4-11

Please note that you need to install your CC after merging save files if your sims or your home contains custom content items.

Hope this helps. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top