Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem: one single "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder for both Origin & G4TW versions of Sims 4.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem: one single "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder for both Origin & G4TW versions of Sims 4. Empty Problem: one single "DocumentsElectronic ArtsThe Sims 4" folder for both Origin & G4TW versions of Sims 4.

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jan 2020, 14:02

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my bad english. I hope I'll be understandable.

I have an Origin-version of The Sims 4 and all the G4TW-versions of the game.

Since the first time I installed a cracked game I made the mistake to install the cracked expansions and stuffs in the same location of the original game ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 ). If I run the game from Origin, the game doesn't load and I recive an error message (I can't remember which one is, but it is ore the "Origin seems to be running. No communication with Orange is possible" one or the "Origin is not running, make sure that it is running before attempting to play the Sims 4" one).

So I'd like to follow the procedure you explained in this topic ( I have both Origin & G4TW versions of Sims 4, how can I manage the "Documents"-folder? ) to be able to play both version of the game.
There is a way to do it without disinstall and re-installed the game?

Since I still have to install Tiny Living, I have an idea, but I don't know if it's gonna work. So I need your advice and opinion.

Will it work if I do these things?

1. I change the name of my "The Sims 4" folder in C:\Users\(my username)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 because this is my cracked name folder. So, for example, I rename it in "The Sims 4 CRACKED".

2. I download the update (1.60.54.1020 / 1.60.54.1520) from Origin and install it.

3. In C:\Users\(my username)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 I should have a new folder in  C:\Users\(my username)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 called "The Sims 4" in addition to the old folder, called "The Sims 4 CRACKED".

4. In C:\Users\(my username)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 I rename the new folder "The Sims 4" in "The Sims 4 ORIGIN" and the old folder "The Sims 4 CRACKED" in "The Sims 4".

5. I download Tiny Living from your topic ( *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 4 correctly. [LATEST VERSION: 1.60.54.1020 / 1.60.54.1520] ) and follow the procedure (that is "Delete your existing "Game"-subfolder in your TS4 installation, before applying this new pack!  Finally, download and install the torrent TS4_Update_1-59-73-1020. Extract with 7-zip (!!), and copy/paste the contents over your existing installation of The Sims 4").

3. At this point in C:\Users\(my username)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 I should have two functional folders, the cracked one and the original one.

Is that correct?

My question is:

will both folders work?

Or they won't work because didn't install my cracked game in a different folder since day one?

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Problem: one single "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder for both Origin & G4TW versions of Sims 4. Empty Re: Problem: one single "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder for both Origin & G4TW versions of Sims 4.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Jan 2020, 04:43

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @dove.white,

So first of all, if you made a mistake with Origin, you can right-click on the game in your Origin library, and choose "Repair". That's the first thing you should do. Alright.

Next: you should install the cracked Sims 4 game in a separate location. If you need to start from scratch, grab an All-In-One The Sims 4, from somewhere (but don't use the 20 + individual G4TW torrents, please). For example, from Sim Architect's website.

Once you got so far, you have to remember this here:

dove.white wrote:My question is:

will both folders work?

Or they won't work because didn't install my cracked game in a different folder since day one?

Thank you!

Both folders will work, but it also depends on which game you start. If you start any game, it will ALWAYS read a folder path "The Sims 4". So if you do the renaming trick, you have to have a folder setup that looks like this:

The Sims 4 => for your Origin installation / Gallery items
The Sims 4_cracked => for your G4TW installation.

And if you play the cracked version, you need to do it the other way round.

But in fact! And to be honest, I myself nowadays only have one (1) folder "The Sims 4", and I have no problems with managing it. I always wait until there is a new crack out, then apply it to my cracked Sims 4, and then I start up the Origin game, if I want to grab Gallery items.

You see ... I'll try explaining the following.

Most people are greedy and/or impatient. When these new patches come out (cracks always come out AFTER the official patch is released on Origin), people immediately start downloading the new update on Origin, then grab some cool Gallery items, because they see their favorite Sims-YouTubers doing it. Then the Gallery items get saved in the Documents-folder.

Now these people start up the cracked Sims 4 game, because naturally, an Origin basegame alone is too boring to play with. Then they get an error that says "userdata created with a newer version of the game, please update the game through Origin". The error can be fixed by deleting the GameVersion.txt under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. But still, the newly-downloaded Gallery items won't work in the cracked game, until a new crack/patch comes out.

Remember: most people download Gallery items at a time, when there is still no cracked update, hence these problems.

So again, as a summary. You can also simply do it like me and just have one (1) Documents-folder for The Sims 4. When a new patch/DLC comes out, then simply wait until there is a cracked update. Apply the cracked update to your (cracked) Sims 4 game, and then you can happily update your game on Origin too, and grab your Gallery items.

Hope this helps, and if you need further help or clarifications, just ask!

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top