Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start: Origin is currently not running ERROR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start: Origin is currently not running ERROR Empty Unable to start: Origin is currently not running ERROR

Post by Guest Mon 22 May 2017, 15:12

Hello hello!

I've downloaded The Sims 4 base game, the Get to Work DLC, and the Get Together DLC from the site as has been instructed. I am also currently downloading the City Living and finally the Toddlers and Vampires pack.

I have followed the instructions on how to install both the base game as well as the DLCs. I installed the base game and ran it - it worked fine. I then installed the Get to Work and ran the game - again, it worked fine. However, now that I've installed the Get Together, the game will no longer start.

Whether I try to start the game from the shortcut the game automatically created on my desktop (worked with the base and Get to Work) or from the .exe files in the Bin folder, the game first tries to open Origin on my computer and then gives me an error:

"Unable to start:
Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play the Sims 4"

(I find this error a little peculiar since the installation guide especially mentioned that Origin should not be running...)

I've tried to run the game several times now (even with Origin running), but I get the error screen every time.
I tried to search through the Forums for a solution, but the other people seemed to have slightly different circumstances behind their issues and I didn't feel confident to try anything "on my own".

Do I have to uninstall and re-install the base game and the DLCs again or is there some other way this could be fixed?

Please help, and thank you in advance! Smile

Back to top Go down

Unable to start: Origin is currently not running ERROR Empty Re: Unable to start: Origin is currently not running ERROR

Post by Guest Mon 22 May 2017, 16:55

I also have the same problem when I installed the update today. I don't have Origins on my PC since I installed The Sims 4 last week and it works fine but after this update the error pops up.

Help please! Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Unable to start: Origin is currently not running ERROR Empty Re: Unable to start: Origin is currently not running ERROR

Post by Guest Tue 23 May 2017, 01:38

Have you tried this fix already? I had the same issue before, replacing the game folder as explained in the fix did the thing for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 May 2017, 04:29

Aiko wrote:Have you tried this fix already? I had the same issue before, replacing the game folder as explained in the fix did the thing for me.

I've tried this and it still didn't work. I don't understand what to do now. I'm really stressed out I've tried plenty of things and it didn't work out. I want to go back to playing with my sims again  Why. Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 May 2017, 08:00

LegitGaming wrote:
Aiko wrote:Have you tried this fix already? I had the same issue before, replacing the game folder as explained in the fix did the thing for me.

I've tried this and it still didn't work. I don't understand what to do now. I'm really stressed out I've tried plenty of things and it didn't work out. I want to go back to playing with my sims again  Why. Why.

Could be your antivirus automatically deleting the crack file, open up your av and look for the file in its scan history/quarantine list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 May 2017, 11:04

Try installing City Living...mine was the same when it came to Get Together..but then again, if i install toddlers/vampires, the error will come back. So until there's a solution for this update, i think i'm just gonna stick with the sims 4 until city living...hope this helps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 May 2017, 13:08

MaxisPC wrote:
LegitGaming wrote:

Could be your antivirus automatically deleting the crack file, open up your av and look for the file in its scan history/quarantine list.

What would the file be called than? Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 12:14

In my case my anti-virus keeps on blocking this file: RldOrigin_ext.dll despite the exceptions I placed. This is really frustrating as it has never happened before. I've been playing all the expansion packs smoothly until the Toddler update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 12:30

captbanana wrote:In my case my anti-virus keeps on blocking this file: RldOrigin_ext.dll despite the exceptions I placed. This is really frustrating as it has never happened before. I've been playing all the expansion packs smoothly until the Toddler update.
RldOrigin_ext.dll has never been released with the other DLC's, it comes with toddlers/vampires only.
Simple add the complete folder The Sims 4 in Program Files to the exceptions of your anti-virus.
Or just specify this file in your av for all locations/appearances. (It's also in your Downloads folder and/or the folder where you extract the Winrar file)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 12:32

Tarac wrote:
captbanana wrote:In my case my anti-virus keeps on blocking this file: RldOrigin_ext.dll despite the exceptions I placed. This is really frustrating as it has never happened before. I've been playing all the expansion packs smoothly until the Toddler update.
RldOrigin_ext.dll has never been released with the other DLC's, it comes with toddlers/vampires only.
Simple add the complete folder The Sims 4 in Program Files to the exceptions of your anti-virus.
Or just specify this file in your av for all locations/appearances. (It's also in your Downloads folder and/or the folder where you extract the Winrar file)

I see.

I already made all the necessary exceptions. Whenever I try to extract the Winrar file, it refuses to create RldOrigin_ext.dll. And then it triggers a reaction from my anti-virus, quarantining the file again. I'm downloading the actual Winrar file once again just to see if it would work this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 12:38

The safest way is to create a new folder (f.e.on your desktop) an add the complete folder to your AV exceptions.
Then move the Winrar file to this new folder and extract in there.
Presuming that you already placed The Sims 4 folder under your exceptions, you can now safely move or copy files from your new folder to the locations in The Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 12:39

Tarac wrote:The safest way is to create a new folder (f.e.on your desktop) an add the complete folder to your AV exceptions.
Presuming that you already placed The Sims 4 folder under your exceptions, you can now safely move or copy files from your new folder to the locations in The Sims 4.

I'll give this a try. Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 14:29

Tarac wrote:The safest way is to create a new folder (f.e.on your desktop) an add the complete folder to your AV exceptions.

Did this but for some reason Avira still detected the .dll file and put it under quarantine. According to Avira, the .dll has this: TR/Agent.kvryq, which it deemed suspicious. Whenever I restore it, Avira picks it up again some time later.

UPDATE:

I managed to decompress the Winrar file when I turned my Avira off completely. I also managed to copy the contents to the TS4 folder in Program files (x64) without any issue. So I turned Avira on again, and note that the folder exceptions are still effective. I ran thee TS4.exe only to have Avira detect the .dll file again and place it under quarantine. 

I know it's not an issue with Windows Defender as I already turned it off ages ago, when I first installed TS4 from G4TW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top