Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Sims 4 has stopped working" error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Sims 4 has stopped working" error Empty "The Sims 4 has stopped working" error

Post by Guest Mon 22 May 2017, 16:48

I just downloaded the new toddlers/vampires update and followed all the instructions, but when I try to load the game the screen goes blank as though loading and then a Windows message pops up saying the game has stopped working, and "windows is checking for a solution to this problem" and then goes off

Help please!!

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 4 has stopped working" error Empty Re: "The Sims 4 has stopped working" error

Post by Guest Mon 22 May 2017, 21:34

Had the same problem and just managed to fix it.  cheers I missed the part of the installation guide where it says to move The Sims 4 folder to C:/Program Files (without x84) if you have a 64-bit computer, so I did that and then checked my mods with this program aand now it works Very Happy

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 4 has stopped working" error Empty Re: "The Sims 4 has stopped working" error

Post by Guest Mon 22 May 2017, 21:40

95% of all problems with the Sims 4 is caused by ..... MODS !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 May 2017, 18:08

I have that error too (the sims 4 has stopped working) if i pick the TS4.exe file. If i run TS4_x64.exe,i will get this error instead :

"The program can't start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer.Please try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I've already tried the temp_fix and No_Origin files and also moved the whole The Sims 4 folder into C:/Program files (without the 86x) but it still remains the same. Any help is greatly appreciated. I've lost count of the times i uninstall and reinstall the game Sad Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 May 2017, 18:28

Most probably you haven't installed Vredist on your computer
Download THIS FOLDER
Extract with Winrar
Run:
dxwebsetup.exe and the 4 vcredist.exe files
then restart your computer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 May 2017, 18:57

I did all of that and now I'm getting the "origin is currently not running" error!  Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 May 2017, 19:10

I'm so glad using ZLOrigin.
But, the "origin is currently not running" error is caused by:

1. Origin IS running somewhere on your computer.
2. Your anti-virus has disabled TS4 and/or TS4_x64.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 04:15

I downloaded and installed vredist after a google search and now my computer has a exe.explorer error.my screen is blank except for the mouse cursor after the login screen. Sigh. Really wished I didn't

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 13:21

system restore?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 14:42

Didn't work..according to the guy, my laptop basically crashed during the update.it's at the repair shop for reformatting now Sad thanks anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017, 14:51

sorry to hear that. I hope they could safe some of your programs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 11:12

Thanks..He said he'll backup my files for me, hopefully my saved games will still be there cuz i'm in the middle of my legacy game. Haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top