Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I fix region problem? World Adventures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I fix region problem? World Adventures Empty How do I fix region problem? World Adventures

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jan 2012, 05:56

Hello Mac users! I just tried installing my last expansion needed - World Adventures - and I'm getting the region code message.

Everything else works fine (well I did lose over two hours of game play when the game shut down after trying to go to go to town view...grrrr..).

Can anyone explain how to fix this? I read the PC users threads on fixing region codes, but I can't find any Mac thread for region code issues.

Back to top Go down

How do I fix region problem? World Adventures Empty Re: How do I fix region problem? World Adventures

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:51

Hello,
Maybe this post is of use to you.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

How do I fix region problem? World Adventures Empty Re: How do I fix region problem? World Adventures

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jan 2012, 16:13

Those are the instructions I followed for the whole game install and everything worked fine. Except now when I'm trying to install World Adventures I get the region code error so installation comes to a grinding halt! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 04 Jan 2012, 16:48

Hello,
I hope another mac user can help you, I'm afraid I can't.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2012, 04:24

go to the application> show package content> content> resources> transgaming> c-drive> program files> electronic arts> the sims 3> game> Bin> Then open Default.ini with text edit. Scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says GameVersion = 1.8.25.003001 change the end one to 7, So it looks like "1.8.25.003007" ( i read somewhere that 7 is a universal number )

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top