Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZLOrigin Full Computer Crash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin Full Computer Crash Empty ZLOrigin Full Computer Crash

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 19:06

I've been using ZLorigin for a while and have not had any issues with it.  I downloaded Parenthood last night and went to play the game, but it told me that the Sims 4 required an update.  I started downloading the update, and as soon as the darn thing gets to around 20% or so, my computer crashes.  I booted it up and tried again and got the same thing.  Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Thank you for your time.

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin Full Computer Crash Empty Re: ZLOrigin Full Computer Crash

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 15:58

Is there any definite error to the crash? An error log perhaps?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 23:42

No, there's nothing.  The whole system just turns off.  There is no error thrown on restart or anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 00:42

Since I also have ZL origin, (on top of G4TW, which now works beautifully again, even with parenthood update,) my laptop has updated yjat Sims 4 patch thing. 1.3 Gb. there was no problem whatsoever and the Game runs as well. So there must be something not okay with your laptop. As I said, mine updated just fine.

Last edited by Loonieloose on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 00:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 07:07

Its my desktop.  At first I thought that the cpu just overheated (I need a new heatsink and every now and then it does overheat and crash, but usually on demanding things like ARK) but I've tried it multiple times and it continues to crash while trying to download the update, always at roughly 20%.  Overheating doesn't seem to explain it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 15:15

Could there be 'remains' of the old download and it got corrupted causing it to crash? Honestly i'm not sure how the ZLOrigin (file path and all that) works since I've never use it. 

If the cause is your desktop however, I don't see how it might be 'sudden' cause of crash for you. Have you tried re-installing the client?

PS: I usually recommend people to switch over to ZLOrigin if G4TW doesn't work for them. Perhaps you could try G4TW if it keeps crashing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top