Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The game is freezing [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The game is freezing [SOLVED] Empty The game is freezing [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:27

Ever since i put the update on my game, the game is freezing. I can't even close the game. I have to restart my computer.

Back to top Go down

The game is freezing [SOLVED] Empty Re: The game is freezing [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 16:56

Have you tried running the game in windowed mode? Also, you try to run a compatibility shoot and see if it fixes anything. Other than that, make sure that you have enough space in your pc (ram is important but C drive and others need space too) and that your drivers are up-to-date. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 17:14

Ageha wrote:Have you tried running the game in windowed mode? Also, you try to run a compatibility shoot and see if it fixes anything. Other than that, make sure that you have enough space in your pc (ram is important but C drive and others need space too) and that your drivers are up-to-date. 
when you are talking about capacities, are you talking about 32 or 64 bit ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 17:22

Elena Jackson wrote:when you are talking about capacities, are you talking about 32 or 64 bit ?
That technically shouldn't matter actually. The space i'm referring to is actually your C Drive/D Drive (or whatever drive it have).  Also, make sure you have at least 2GB ram available to play the game with full DLCs. Since every DLC adds 'weight' to the program.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 17:25

Ageha wrote:
Elena Jackson wrote:when you are talking about capacities, are you talking about 32 or 64 bit ?
That technically shouldn't matter actually. The space i'm referring to is actually your C Drive/D Drive (or whatever drive it have).  Also, make sure you have at least 2GB ram available to play the game with full DLCs. Since every DLC adds 'weight' to the program.
I have tons of space. It's a new laptop. It was working well before the update.. even with the windows mode, it's crashing and freezing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 17:43

Elena Jackson wrote:I have tons of space. It's a new laptop. It was working well before the update.. even with the windows mode, it's crashing and freezing.

I see. Have you tried playing in a low setting?Also, do you have any mods in your game? If yes, try to move them out and see if it still does. And in your documents/sims 4, delete the lastCrash.txt and lastException.txt as well. 

Unfortunately, if it still continues to crash, you may have to revert back, up till when it stopped crashing. Or there's an alternative method to install sims 4 here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 17:52

Ageha wrote:
Elena Jackson wrote:I have tons of space. It's a new laptop. It was working well before the update.. even with the windows mode, it's crashing and freezing.

I see. Have you tried playing in a low setting?Also, do you have any mods in your game? If yes, try to move them out and see if it still does. And in your documents/sims 4, delete the lastCrash.txt and lastException.txt as well. 

Unfortunately, if it still continues to crash, you may have to revert back, up till when it stopped crashing. Or there's an alternative method to install sims 4 here.
I tried everything Sad the game was working fine before the last update. And for the delete files you are talking about : i have tons of lastExceptions.txt but no lastCrash.text...The game is freezing [SOLVED] Captur10

Back to top Go down

The game is freezing [SOLVED] Empty ZLOrigin and the Crack crash

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 18:30

I have both on my computer but it seem everytime that i'm playing the Sims 4, i can't play it because the game crash!

Edit:
Topic merged 
- Ageha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 18:52

Okay, can you zip up those files and and host them somewhere online and then pm me the link? After that, if can try to delete those files and see if it still crash. If not, i might need to check those files to see what causes the crash.

edit: just send me the lastException files will do  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 19:09

Are both of them in the same File under This PC ? Are they both using the same My documents/ Electronic Arts/ The Sims 4   Game folder? if yes, are both games at the same version?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 19:19

What are those Fichier.package ( behind localthumbcache.package, and the other Fichier goodies? I have numbers or text document behind them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 19:22

Loonieloose wrote:What are those Fichier.package ( behind localthumbcache.package, and the other Fichier goodies? I have numbers or text document behind them.

That's nothing to note. It's basically package file in french. Fichier is file so everything else is just lock file, glob file. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 19:46

Thank you. was wondering. so the game file is actually bilingual. Well done. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 23:25

Ageha wrote:Okay, can you zip up those files and and host them somewhere online and then pm me the link? After that, if can try to delete those files and see if it still crash. If not, i might need to check those files to see what causes the crash.

edit: just send me the lastException files will do  Smile
Can i still send it to you even doh the game works fine now ? not 100% but all my other families work great but my game lags when i play one of them. Always crashing at 9pm.. I dont know why...Maybe there's something wrong with this family.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 01:48

Make sure you have all of the updates from here https://games4theworld.org/downloads/ I missed the last 3.58 gb parenthood thinking the 1.10gb one was the only parenthood file I needed. After I installed the 3.58gb one that fixed my issues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 02:33

I have every update. I even tried to play the household in ZLOrgin and it's still crashing. I think this specific family have a problem. I don't know why but when i play another family, the game works perfectly. Do you know how i can fix this family problem ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 03:02

Elena Jackson wrote:I have every update. I even tried to play the household in ZLOrgin and it's still crashing. I think this specific family have a problem. I don't know why but when i play another family, the game works perfectly. Do you know how i can fix this family problem ?
 o no clue then. maybe that particular save is corrupted? Dont know if there is a save cleaner for sims 4 like there was for sims 3 you can check maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 14:56

Elena Jackson wrote:Can i still send it to you even doh the game works fine now ? not 100% but all my other families work great but my game lags when i play one of them. Always crashing at 9pm.. I dont know why...Maybe there's something wrong with this family.

Hi!

Sure, if you experience any more crashing and if you see any more of those lastException, you can send them to me. Regarding your family. As mentioned, it might be a corrupted save. You can try to revert to an earlier save and see if it does crash again. 

• Slot_00000002/3/etc.save - Your main save (latest)

• Slot_00000003.save.ver0/1/2/3/4 - Your older save(you can check the time when it was last 'modified'. Most cases, it's just a difference of few minutes/one hour. Others can be the day before.

• Move the main save over to desktop and rename .ver0 (the latest older save) to .save.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 23:15

Gade5 wrote:
Elena Jackson wrote:I have every update. I even tried to play the household in ZLOrgin and it's still crashing. I think this specific family have a problem. I don't know why but when i play another family, the game works perfectly. Do you know how i can fix this family problem ?
 o no clue then. maybe that particular save is corrupted? Dont know if there is a save cleaner for sims 4 like there was for sims 3 you can check maybe.
Thank you so much for your help Gade5 WhatDidUJustCallMe? sadly, i will have to delete this family and start over. You are probably right, because this is the only family that i have problem with. I thought it was because of the crack update but no, since i have the same problem with ZLOrigin. Thanks again. I will try to find a way to avoid these corrup saves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 23:22

Ageha wrote:
Elena Jackson wrote:Can i still send it to you even doh the game works fine now ? not 100% but all my other families work great but my game lags when i play one of them. Always crashing at 9pm.. I dont know why...Maybe there's something wrong with this family.

Hi!

Sure, if you experience any more crashing and if you see any more of those lastException, you can send them to me. Regarding your family. As mentioned, it might be a corrupted save. You can try to revert to an earlier save and see if it does crash again. 

• Slot_00000002/3/etc.save - Your main save (latest)

• Slot_00000003.save.ver0/1/2/3/4 - Your older save(you can check the time when it was last 'modified'. Most cases, it's just a difference of few minutes/one hour. Others can be the day before.

• Move the main save over to desktop and rename .ver0 (the latest older save) to .save.

yes i can do that too but i'm scared that this family will crash again. I don't know if i should start over or do what you asked. I dont really know how i can send the Last Exception rar. to you. Can I send it to you here ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 14:47

Hi, sure you can send me through pm. You can host the files online and send me the link.

You can always backup your current saves folder somewhere and create a new family. If you feel like going to the old one, just switch the saves folder. 

PS: I'll think i'll pm you first?  Smile

EDIT: 20.06.2017
Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top