Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parenthood update - cannot activate mods [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Parenthood update - cannot activate mods [SOLVED] Empty Parenthood update - cannot activate mods [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 07:33

So I opened the game and a pop-up showed that mods are disabled, because an update was applied, so I went to game settings and set mods "on", then another pop-up said that I need to restart a game, so I did, but when the game restarted to the main menu it again showed the pop-up that mods are disabled, because an update was applied.. It also showed the new content of the parenthood update again.. Why.  Does anybody else have this problem? Did anyone find a solution for it? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I managed to solve my problem by moving "The Sims 4" folder out of "C:\Users\Documents\Electronic Arts" and then starting the game "fresh" again. At the main menu I set mods "on" and exited the game, then I moved my previous "saves" folder to the new "The Sims 4" folder that was created in "C:\Users\Documents\Electronic Arts" and I also moved all my previous mods to the new "Mods" folder. Everything works fine now. Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Parenthood update - cannot activate mods [SOLVED] Empty Re: Parenthood update - cannot activate mods [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 10:46

Thanks for including your fix! I'm wondering if this is a route I can go with the issues I've been having...

Back to top Go down

Parenthood update - cannot activate mods [SOLVED] Empty Re: Parenthood update - cannot activate mods [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 16:25

Problem solved; Topic closed.
Happy Simming! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top