Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too much custom content?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Too much custom content? Empty Too much custom content?

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 17:05

Every time i download new custom content, my game will not start up. I think it may be because i have too much, but i havent seen anyone else with this problem. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

Back to top Go down

Too much custom content? Empty Re: Too much custom content?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 02 Jun 2017, 23:13

Hello,

It's possible that you're using corrupted CC. Not all of it will work right, or there may be a conflict between 2 pieces. Are you getting a particular error?

How many CC your game can handle depends largely on your system. It stands to reason that a low-end machine can't handle as much CC as a medium/high-end computer. If that is the case, it can help to combine packages. More information about that can be found here.
A package should not exceed 1GB file size though, so you want to keep that in mind. If a package is too large, it can also cause issues.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 19:32

I ended up removing half of the new custom content i downloaded and my game started working. However, my computer downloaded the new windows 10 creator's update or whatever and now my game is doing the same thing /: As for any particular error, not really, it starts on a black loading screen, minimizes, but the sims logo doesnt appear on the bottom taskbar. On a normal startup, my game does minimize but the logo appears and im able to open the game and continue as normal. Also im not sure if this is important, but after installing cracked store content several months ago my game will only start up once after restarting my computer, and if i want to exit out and play again i have to reboot otherwise it will do the same thing. (and yes, i have restarted my computer  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd )

edit: restarted my computer again, and of course it starts working now after i ask about it  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top