Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Patch 1.30.105.1010 compared to the first parenthood fix?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Patch 1.30.105.1010 compared to the first parenthood fix? Empty New Patch 1.30.105.1010 compared to the first parenthood fix?

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 16:45

Hello guys! Quick question, how is the new patch/fix related to the first one? If the first one makes my Sims 4 latest version (the one with Parenthood) work, do I need to download the new patch? I'm actually quite confused as of the moment, and everything's been great so far so I don't want to risk anything. I've been trying to search for the same posts so I wouldn't have to post a new topic but I can't really find one related to my question.

Thanks! Have a nice day Very Happy

Back to top Go down

New Patch 1.30.105.1010 compared to the first parenthood fix? Empty Re: New Patch 1.30.105.1010 compared to the first parenthood fix?

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 17:16

The new NEW patch is actually from what the EA has released on their site:
Update: 06/01/2017 – PC Version 1.30.105.1010 / Mac Version 1.30.105.1210
Hello Simmers.  Just a little tidying up today.

• If you see some blurry thumbnails in the new Load / Save menu, it’s not you. It’s us.  Rest assured that save slots created after this little tidying episode will no longer have the issue.  To clear up blurriness for existing saves, you’ll need to do a little magic to bring it back into focus:
  • Despite not having the new pack, your stereo will no longer look like it’s playing loud music – even when it’s off.
  • You can now alter alien disguises again with merry abandon.
  • Really, you didn’t want the entire, long, sordid, intricate history of each of your relationships displayed? Ok. Ok. It’s back to how it was before….

That basically sums it up. It's most preferable to update to the latest version whenever its out to avoid version conflict with any mods/CCs. Though if your game is running smooth now and you don't want the above to change (like the relationship), then you can leave it be for now I guess. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

New Patch 1.30.105.1010 compared to the first parenthood fix? Empty Re: New Patch 1.30.105.1010 compared to the first parenthood fix?

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 17:23

Ageha wrote:The new NEW patch is actually from what the EA has released on their site:
Update: 06/01/2017 – PC Version 1.30.105.1010 / Mac Version 1.30.105.1210
Hello Simmers.  Just a little tidying up today.

• If you see some blurry thumbnails in the new Load / Save menu, it’s not you. It’s us.  Rest assured that save slots created after this little tidying episode will no longer have the issue.  To clear up blurriness for existing saves, you’ll need to do a little magic to bring it back into focus:
  • Despite not having the new pack, your stereo will no longer look like it’s playing loud music – even when it’s off.
  • You can now alter alien disguises again with merry abandon.
  • Really, you didn’t want the entire, long, sordid, intricate history of each of your relationships displayed? Ok. Ok. It’s back to how it was before….

That basically sums it up. It's most preferable to update to the latest version whenever its out to avoid version conflict with any mods/CCs. Though if your game is running smooth now and you don't want the above to change (like the relationship), then you can leave it be for now I guess. Very Happy
Oh, thank you so much!
Last question, does this latest patch fix the lag going on in my game? Just now, I'm doing a little karaoke with my family and when we're in this lot, it's lagging so much. My laptop is a gaming laptop (GL75VE) so I assume it has nothing to do with my computer's performance; maybe it has something to do with the game? I don't have any mods at all. I try to avoid them since they cause a lot of issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 17:36

pineappleincident wrote:Oh, thank you so much!
Last question, does this latest patch fix the lag going on in my game? Just now, I'm doing a little karaoke with my family and when we're in this lot, it's lagging so much. My laptop is a gaming laptop (GL75VE) so I assume it has nothing to do with my computer's performance; maybe it has something to do with the game? I don't have any mods at all. I try to avoid them since they cause a lot of issues.

Unfortunately no. From what I've read it's mostly just the clean-up from the above. And it seems karaoke-wise, people have been experiencing lagging especially in San Myshuno. If you have a large family, or alot of things in your trays, that might be the cause for the lag. Other than that, sorry, but I have no idea what causes the lagging. A gaming laptop, yours especially should be able to run the game with the highest setting (i'm jealous, really). Perhaps an outdated driver or the game didn't use the correct graphics chip?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 17:40

Ageha wrote:
pineappleincident wrote:Oh, thank you so much!

Unfortunately no. From what I've read it's mostly just the clean-up from the above. And it seems karaoke-wise, people have been experiencing lagging especially in San Myshuno. If you have a large family, or alot of things in your trays, that might be the cause for the lag. Other than that, sorry, but I have no idea what causes the lagging. A gaming laptop, yours especially should be able to run the game with the highest setting (i'm jealous, really). Perhaps an outdated driver or the game didn't use the correct graphics chip?
Ahh so it's not just me that experiences lagging in San Myshuno. Actually, I just realized it only seems to lag in San Myshuno, but everything else works perfectly smooth. That actually makes sense. Thank you so much and sorry for the inconvenience! Have a nice day (or night wherever you are)  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 17:50

Quick follow-up, I just realized the longer I play the Sims 4, the more lag it gets! So to fix this, I simply close the game and then open it up again; it runs perfectly smooth!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 17:53

It seems to be the same like sims 3 in a sense. When it lags, I'll quit and open the game again. 

Haha! It's no problem at all. I see you're in the same timezone as me. So it should be close to 12am here and there.  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top