Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loading screen leads to world select question [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loading screen leads to world select question [SOLVED] Empty Loading screen leads to world select question [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jun 2017, 23:00

Ok, so i've been trying to fix this issue and I can't, first it was just an infinite loading screen, did the renaming the folder thing and it was fixed, but before that, I had another problem, I was used to play the game in spanish, and after I installed the vampires and toddlers pack, my game was in english, I tried to change it by modifying the Origin file (the one with the en_US thing), I start the game again and there were some parts with missing text, specifically everything that had something to do with toddlers and vampires, It turns out that the spanish language files are missing, well they're not included in the download, anyways I tought that it was no big deal and I changed it back to english and everything was fine, made a household and moved them to forgotten hollow and bam, the infinite loading screen, after I fixed it I tried again and the loading screen taked me to the world select screen again, no solution helped me at all, I don't know if I corrupted something by saving the first time I made the household or when I moved the folders (by the way my game is in programfilesx86/The sims 4) or what happened, but don't seem to be able fix it. What should I do? I'm downloading that parenthood patch from the sicky because in one thread someona said it could be a solution, I don´t have the parenthood pack but I don't understad the updates thing anyways, so please, if someone has and idea of what the problem could be, help me. And please, excuse my english.

Back to top Go down

Loading screen leads to world select question [SOLVED] Empty Re: Loading screen leads to world select question [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jun 2017, 18:11

Hello there! Very Happy

I'll break down the problems + fixes in steps for your so it's easier to read.

• Missing languages -> The latest Parenthood pack which can be downloaded here also includes the missing language strings for the Vampire update. It's highly recommend to install the Parenthood pack since you'll be installing the latest update as well.
  • Move out your Sims 4 folder in Documents for now and rename the Game folder in your Program Files before installing the Parenthood pack. When you run the game it will auto create 'fresh' folders for you so you can test the updates.
  • Install the Parenthood pack OR if you'd prefer, install the fix for endless loading here. I'd suggest installing Parenthood first and apply the fix later if the bug/error is there.
  • Install the latest update here and run the game. See if your households still takes you back to the map.

Back to top Go down

Loading screen leads to world select question [SOLVED] Empty Re: Loading screen leads to world select question [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jun 2017, 18:37

Don't mean to sound dumb, but the above instructions are a little confusing. I've downloaded Parenthood and applied it already to my Sims 4 folder, but forgot about having already renamed the Game folder to Game_. So now I have two Game folders, one with the toddlers and Vampire updates (Game_), and the other with all the packs and Parenthood (Game). When I tried to play the game from the Parenthood Game folder, I have the same problem of being bought back to the world select screen after picking a household. Is it okay to delete the Game_ folder at this point? Do I still need to rename the Game folder if I do? 

Sorry if this is confusing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jun 2017, 19:19

blue08 wrote:Don't mean to sound dumb, but the above instructions are a little confusing. I've downloaded Parenthood and applied it already to my Sims 4 folder, but forgot about having already renamed the Game folder to Game_. So now I have two Game folders, one with the toddlers and Vampire updates (Game_), and the other with all the packs and Parenthood (Game). When I tried to play the game from the Parenthood Game folder, I have the same problem of being bought back to the world select screen after picking a household. Is it okay to delete the Game_ folder at this point? Do I still need to rename the Game folder if I do? 

Sorry if this is confusing!
It's no problem. Very Happy

You can delete your Game_ (or the renamed folder) safely. Since the shortcut or the .exe will be run from the Game folder. If you have endless loading again, you can rename your Game folder and install the endless loading fix here. If you have no endless loading, update the game to the latest patch to fix the household loads to map problem.

• *Game_ -> From Vampire pack - Delete
  • **Game -> From the Parenthood pack which you copy + paste to the Sims 4 files. 
  • If you have endless loading -> Rename ** to Game_ and copy over the endless loading fix.
  • Update to latest patch here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jun 2017, 02:49

Ok, so I instaled the parenthood pack because I would have to do it sooner or later and then the update, and everything was working ok! But then I got curious about the parenthood pack and I wanted to look at the objects that came with it but when I looked at the filters it wasn't there and I realized that it didn't show up at the start with the "Welcome to the sims 4 Parenthood!" One thing to say is that I didn't download the game folder from the website because I have done it before, so I don't know what happened or if it happened because of that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jun 2017, 19:07

Lestat. wrote:Ok, so I instaled the parenthood pack because I would have to do it sooner or later and then the update, and everything was working ok! But then I got curious about the parenthood pack and I wanted to look at the objects that came with it but when I looked at the filters it wasn't there and I realized that it didn't show up at the start with the "Welcome to the sims 4 Parenthood!" One thing to say is that I didn't download the game folder from the website because I have done it before, so I don't know what happened or if it happened because of that
So you're mixing different versions of the game? I wouldn't recommend it although users have got it working. It's best to download at one place. Thus, I'm not sure if it's because of that. If the expansion pack is not showing up, you can re-install the pack again or move the Sims 4 folder and placed it directly to desktop instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jun 2017, 19:48

Fixed, I just reinstalled the pack and the patch, seriously, thank you soo much for everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jun 2017, 14:44

Glad to hear you've got it working now!
Cheers!

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top