Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Mac blank world select screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Mac blank world select screen Empty Sims 4 Mac blank world select screen

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2018, 23:19

I have recently installed all the Sims 4 games onto my Macbook, I did this twice as I messed up the first time! This took hours due to having to move all the files within each folder (I am used to using windows where drag/drop/replace works!). My game finally works, but after creating a household, I was encountering Llama icons all over the world maps with no funds for my household. When I selected a house to move into, I would be taken back to CAS in a cycle. After re-starting the game, now every time I try to move in my household, the world select is simply empty after I select which season I want to play in.

I have all the expansions installed in order, plus the latest update posted on this forum. I have tried looking for the solution to this problem but they are all outdated (e.g. install the new toddlers expansion) or things I have tried already. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

(p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong place I couldn't find a Mac forum)

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Mac blank world select screen Empty Re: Sims 4 Mac blank world select screen

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2018, 23:25

Mac section is here, someone will move this thread there.

Run the validator and post the result here. This will tell us what's wrong.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Mac blank world select screen Empty Re: Sims 4 Mac blank world select screen

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2018, 23:55

Thanks. I run my game through Wineskin; my game files are located within the C drive on wineskin, however the validator won't let me open wineskin to select the game location WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2018, 23:59

Don't have Mac but in another thread someone said you can
Control+click on “The Sims 4” wine wrapper > Show Package Contents;
And there should be C drive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2018, 00:05

That's how I usually access it, but when trying to open it through the validator this is all that comes up: 

Sims 4 Mac blank world select screen Screen12

Gatekeeper Edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2018, 00:32

It should be in ~/.wine/drive_c/. But I don't know if you can see hidden files (dot at the beginning) when selecting directory. But you should be able to do it by creating symbolic link.

Can't help you more without actually trying it myself on some Mac. Which I don't have. If you need help I can try to do it through TeamViewer. Send me ID and pass in private message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2018, 00:50

I have copied the whole sims 4 folder out of the c drive and onto my Mac and I am currently validating that. Do you think that will work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2018, 01:04

Yeah, this will work too. But there must be a better way.

BTW you said it's a hassle to copy files for each folder. That wouldn't be a problem when using my repack. Sadly I don't know if my installer works with winetricks. If it does you could use it for future updates.

But let's wait for that validator result first. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2018, 01:15

Is the result just text? Never realised how non-technologically-capable I was until today. IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

here is what came up:

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2018, 01:23

Yes, just a text. But that text tells me exactly what's wrong with your game. Smile Thankfully that will be easy to fix. Very Happy

From Laundry Day Stuff extract:
sp13/clientfullbuild0.package
sp13/magalog.package
sp13/resourceclient.cfg
sp13/resourcesimulation.cfg
sp13/simulationfullbuild0.package
sp13/thumbnails.package
sp13/version.ini

From Update 1.46 extract:
data/simulation/magalog.package
data/simulation/magalog2.package
data/simulation/simulationdeltabuild0.package

And delete those files:
game/bin/core/imageformats/msvcp100.dll
game/bin/core/imageformats/msvcr100.dll
game/bin/core/imageformats/msvcr100d.dll
game/bin/core/msvcp100.dll
game/bin/core/msvcr100.dll
game/bin/core/winhttp.dll
game/bin/origins.ini
game/bin/python/deployed.zip
game/bin/rld.dll
game/bin/rldorigin.dll
game/bin/rldorigin.ini
game/bin/rldorigin_ext.dll
game/bin/rldorigin_x64.dll
game/bin/rldorigin_x64_ext.dll
game/bin/ts4.par

That should fix it. And don't forget - do this inside wrapper, not in copied folder. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2018, 01:31

Thank you so much! When you say "from laundry day stuff extract" and "from update 1.46 extract" do you mean delete all the files you've listed there too? so basically all the files you've listed there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2018, 01:31

Sorry, I understand! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2018, 01:32

I mean copy them from G4TW release to your installation folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2018, 01:37

I will do that now and update you. Thank you so so much for your help!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2018, 12:05

My game works perfectly!! Thank you so much for your help again!!Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top