Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-installing base game after expansion packs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re-installing base game after expansion packs? Empty Re-installing base game after expansion packs?

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jun 2017, 17:47

Hello everyone! First a quick introduction, before I get to the problem (if you don't feel like reading it, just check the next paragraph). So, I just jumped into this website since I had been using games4theworld's pirate bay cracks (for Sims 4) for a little while now. However, as stated in many previous forum threads, I am having the same issue at the moment with moving in a household. As previously stated, after I move a family in a lot, when I hit play, I am redirected to the screen with maps. Even with my stubborn effort, clicking play, exiting and opening the game again, it doesn't change. However yes, I've read that I have to re-install the new version of the base game.

But my question now is, can I install the base game (The Sims 4 patch level 1.30.105.1010 if I'm not wrong) without deleting my already installed expansion packs? To rephrase it, do I have to delete all my expansion packs and re-install them after I install the patch? Or a better question, what all does this new Sims 4 patch even include? (An extra question for anyone who has time, will my saves stay the same after I install the new patch?)

I am sincerely sorry for the noob questions, I just want to be sure.

Just for extra detailed description, I think I've installed all packs (all from this website's pirate bay account) and I think the only updated pack was the parenthood, which file is named "The Sims 4 Update v1.29.69.1020".

Back to top Go down

Re-installing base game after expansion packs? Empty Re: Re-installing base game after expansion packs?

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jun 2017, 18:12

I think that in your case all you have to do is:

1. Download version 1.30.1050.1010
2. From your install folder delete the folder Game
3. Copy/paste all folders from point 1 above to your install folder.

Back to top Go down

Re-installing base game after expansion packs? Empty Re: Re-installing base game after expansion packs?

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jun 2017, 18:23

Tarac wrote:I think that in your case all you have to do is:

1. Download version 1.30.1050.1010
2. From your install folder delete the folder Game
3. Copy/paste all folders from point 1 above to your install folder.
Thank you for the quick reply! I'm just downloading it, but for additional information before the new version is installed, I have another probably dumb question. But when I was uploading the Vampires and Toddlers pack, the instructions said that I have to rename the original Game folder into something else, for example Game_ and so I did. Now I have two game folders, one being Game (the one we're probably supposed to use while playing the game) and the other being Game_. So my question to you is, which one am I supposed to delete here (or am I supposed to delete both)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jun 2017, 18:57

Yes, delete both and use the Game folder from Parenthood.
Game_ is useless anyway because it contains the msv... files that cause infinite loading of households.
As overwriting folders do not remove files from a folder TheGh0stm4n used the Game_ option.

When in doubt, you can download a separate fully updated Game folder HERE
Just in case your anti-virus has attacked it. Delete the Game folder from your install folder and replace by this download.
Your game will be in Dutch then but you can easily change that in the RldOrigin.ini file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top