Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I buy the base game & torrent the expansion packs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I buy the base game & torrent the expansion packs? Empty Can I buy the base game & torrent the expansion packs?

Post by Guest Mon 01 May 2017, 01:01

Hey everyone, I did a search for this and got a few different answers. So hopefully someone can put it to me straight. Haha. I'm literally wanting to get game updates, be able to use new custom content, and get regular updates. However, I don't want to buy all of the expansions if I don't have to. So I was wondering how it would work if I bought TS4 base game, and used the expansions from here? And well, if it'll work at all.  

thanks x

Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Can I buy the base game & torrent the expansion packs? Empty Re: Can I buy the base game & torrent the expansion packs?

Post by Guest Mon 01 May 2017, 10:09

Yes, you can use a legit base game + pirated expansions, however that won't solve your problem.
When you buy the basegame, you can update to version 1.29.
Adding pirated DLC's will throw you back to version 1.25.

The only thing you can do is to have 2 different versions of the game next to each other.
So the base game only in directory A and the pirated versions in directory B.
This will give you the possibility to play with toddlers and the newest CC via the basegame.
Unfortunately both versions will share the same folder The Sims 4 in User\Documents\Electronic Arts and consequently when you've played version 1.29 and then start the pirated 1.25 again you will get an error stating unable to start, different version, update via Origin.
Also when you've played with new CC and/or toddlers in version 1.29, they will not show up in version 1.25 and when you then save that game, these contents will also be lost permanently in 1.29.

2 suggestions for solving that problem:
1. Play the 2 versions in 2 different languages. That will create 2 different folders in User\Documents\Electronic Arts. But note that some languages still use The Sims 4 (English) inspite the fact that it is another language against Les Sims 4 (French) or Die Sims 4 (German) or De Sims 4 (Dutch)
2. Add a 2nd user with its own directory for My Documents to your Windows-accounts and play 1 of the versions in that other account.
In both ways you can play 2 different games with its own story progression.

Back to top Go down

Can I buy the base game & torrent the expansion packs? Empty Re: Can I buy the base game & torrent the expansion packs?

Post by Guest Mon 01 May 2017, 16:18

Tarac wrote:Yes, you can use a legit base game + pirated expansions, however that won't solve your problem.
When you buy the basegame, you can update to version 1.29.
Adding pirated DLC's will throw you back to version 1.25.

The only thing you can do is to have 2 different versions of the game next to each other.
So the base game only in directory A and the pirated versions in directory B.
This will give you the possibility to play with toddlers and the newest CC via the basegame.
Unfortunately both versions will share the same folder The Sims 4 in User\Documents\Electronic Arts and consequently when you've played version 1.29 and then start the pirated 1.25 again you will get an error stating unable to start, different version, update via Origin.
Also when you've played with new CC and/or toddlers in version 1.29, they will not show up in version 1.25 and when you then save that game, these contents will also be lost permanently in 1.29.

2 suggestions for solving that problem:
1. Play the 2 versions in 2 different languages. That will create 2 different folders in User\Documents\Electronic Arts. But note that some languages still use The Sims 4 (English) inspite the fact that it is another language against Les Sims 4 (French) or Die Sims 4 (German) or De Sims 4 (Dutch)
2. Add a 2nd user with its own directory for My Documents to your Windows-accounts and play 1 of the versions in that other account.
In both ways you can play 2 different games with its own story progression.
WOW!! That was beyond helpful!!! Haha!! I went forward with just buying the game & all expansions as I was afraid of that answer. Haha!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top