Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Pets: Can't pick up pet; Sims lost autonomy. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Pets: Can't pick up pet; Sims lost autonomy. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Pets: Can't pick up pet; Sims lost autonomy. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 03:59

Hope someone knows what I'm talking about!!
None of my sims can pick up the puppy, they bend down to but then shake their hands like they're saying "no" they won't do it. They also take a very long time to respond to instructions. They will stand for hours in one spot, though exhausted and starving. Can't give the puppy a bath either. That instruction icon disappears immediately. When I tell them to 'tug of war' they just stand there, boy and puppy, looking at each other.
My games have all been from this site, I did the ultimate fix a few months back, before installing pets, everything was fine then.
I do not have mods or custom content. I did have Barnacle Bay but uninstalled it to try to fix pets; didn't work.
I have never installed any patches; not sure how to do that even.
Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Wink

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets: Can't pick up pet; Sims lost autonomy. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets: Can't pick up pet; Sims lost autonomy. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:32

Hello,
I think you need to patch and use the latest fix, see if that helps at all.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets: Can't pick up pet; Sims lost autonomy. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets: Can't pick up pet; Sims lost autonomy. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 16:10

I recognize the problem with standing hours doing nothing. It's sometimes REALLY irritating, i.o.: Go to work sim! Its a command!
- standing there for 2 - 3 hours
Thanks sim you got late on work, -40 workaholic bonus

Well I already used the last ultimate fix and patched it to the newest date..

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 16:18

Hello,
What about mods?
I did have a similar problem where my sims reacted ridiculously slow, which ceased when I took out several .package files. I was simply using too many.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets: Can't pick up pet; Sims lost autonomy. [SOLVED] Empty It's working!

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jan 2012, 05:27

Thanks for your suggestions! I did not understand what "mod" meant; I thought it was something more complex than expansion/stuff packs. I had them all...I uninstalled Fast Lane and Ambitions (I don't like my Sims to work anyway!) and though the family I had was deleted, I am now able to pick up my new kitten!
I truly appreciate the help!
Games 4 the world is the BEST!!

Admin edit: Problem solved, topic closed. Thank you Lady ElDi!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top