Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS 4 BASE GAME " REINSTALLATION ERROR"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 4 BASE GAME " REINSTALLATION ERROR" Empty SIMS 4 BASE GAME " REINSTALLATION ERROR"

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 21:22

SO after installing Vampire expansion pack, my household won't just load. I tried some fixes but none worked. so I decided to reinstall the game and it keep showing me this origin update error. I can't upload the image of the dialogue box because of some exceeded total storage space. (Free space : 4 
 any way here's what is says " the Contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. please update your game via Origin to play "

PLEASE HELP!!!!! LOST ALL THE DATA!!!

Back to top Go down

SIMS 4 BASE GAME " REINSTALLATION ERROR" Empty Re: SIMS 4 BASE GAME " REINSTALLATION ERROR"

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 22:46

Hi there,

Go to your Documents/The Sims 4 and delete the GameVersion.txt. It should run without the error popping up. 

PS: It's a good idea to always back up your Sims 4 folder before doing any re-installing/updating so your saves won't be lost.

Back to top Go down

SIMS 4 BASE GAME " REINSTALLATION ERROR" Empty Re: SIMS 4 BASE GAME " REINSTALLATION ERROR"

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 22:56

Ageha wrote:Hi there,

Go to your Documents/The Sims 4 and delete the GameVersion.txt. It should run without the error popping up. 

PS: It's a good idea to always back up your Sims 4 folder before doing any re-installing/updating so your saves won't be lost.
 Hey there, 
I read it in one of the threads to install the Sims 4 ultimate fix by Games4theworld. and it sorta worked. But I lost all the expansion packs. Now if I install them again. will they work with the ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 23:06

Hi there,

The ultimate fix is the update only fix which will ERASE all your DLCs. Re-install the packs and then update to the latest patch or install the newest pack here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 23:19

Ageha wrote:Hi there,

The ultimate fix is the update only fix which will ERASE all your DLCs. Re-install the packs and then update to the latest patch or install the newest pack here.
Thankyou So much Ageha, but correct me if I'm not wrong Re-installing the packs means to copy paste the packs in Sims 4 folder just like we normally do. Right? If it is so, Re-installing the packs won't be any problem since I'm playing the game on ultimate fix now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 18:01

Nevermind. you just reinstall it the same way. Thanks anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 17:01

Hi @izzie1997 ,

Sorry I was busy the past few days. Is your game working now?  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top