Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinite loading screen pls help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinite loading screen pls help Empty Infinite loading screen pls help

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jun 2017, 20:20

So i recent installed the new expansion packs to the sims 4(parenthood, and toddlers/ vampire update) when ever i try to load up my household it gets stuck on the loading screen i even created a new family and it still does the same thing. Can you pls help me fix it.

Back to top Go down

Infinite loading screen pls help Empty Re: Infinite loading screen pls help

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jun 2017, 21:36

Apparently you have not deleted and re-cp[ied the Game folder.
See THIS PAGE item 5
or on THIS PAGE step 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jun 2017, 23:20

Still doesn't work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jun 2017, 15:11

Hi @Iceyprincess ,

Double checking that you have up till City Living before updating to Vampire? If yes, I'd suggest re-installing (copy + paste) Vampire pack, rename the Game folder again, install Parenthood + Fitness stuff and test the game without mods/saves. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 15:14

I got it to work but when i added mods/cc the same problem happened even when i removed the cc and mods it went back to the same problem which i can now fix but how can i fix it to be compatible with mods

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 18:44

One of your mods is most probably not compatible with your Game. You can use the mods conflict detector, ( from Mod the sims ) it is not foolproof, or you can use the 50/50 method, which is long and tedious, butusually does the trick.
Stat with script mods and mesh mods, new hair ect, some new hair meshes have been known to crash the game.
then you take your mods folder , move( not copy ) it to the desk top and split them in half. Put half A in your game and run. If you get no crashes, you move to Half B. If you do get crashes you take half of that half and test with it and keep weeding down until you've gotten the problem file. Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 17:10

Iceyprincess wrote:I got it to work but when i added mods/cc the same problem happened even when i removed the cc and mods it went back to the same problem which i can now fix but how can i fix it to be compatible with mods
Yes as Loonieloose mentioned, the tedious way to find the incompatible mod is by doing the 50/50 method. 
You can, however, organize your mods folder if you have to many CCs (clothes/hair/etc) into sub folders. I organized mine by Clothing, Hair, Shoes, Skins (you get the gist of it). 
I only have one mod and unless stated otherwise (by the mod author themselves), you can put them under others or just leave it directly under mods. Some mods require that you either do not unzip them, or be placed directly in mods folder.

You can also test the game without any previous saves, just in case your current save was corrupted which prevent the sims from loading the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top