Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IVE BEEN GETTING LAGSPIKES WITH THE NEW UPDATES INSTALLED

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IVE BEEN GETTING LAGSPIKES WITH THE NEW UPDATES INSTALLED Empty IVE BEEN GETTING LAGSPIKES WITH THE NEW UPDATES INSTALLED

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 20:24

Okay i've been getting really annoying lagspikes ever since i updated my sims 4. Firstly the game loads a bit slow now and once it starts the lag spikes are already present 
I will get like 70-100 fps for 5 seconds and then after i get up to 20 or something for 1-2 seconds and its very annoying PLS HELP!!

PS: I got a fairly good gaming pc and my sims 4 worked perfectly before the update

Back to top Go down

IVE BEEN GETTING LAGSPIKES WITH THE NEW UPDATES INSTALLED Empty Re: IVE BEEN GETTING LAGSPIKES WITH THE NEW UPDATES INSTALLED

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jul 2017, 16:08

Hi,

You can take a look at the thread here. I'm afraid to give suggestions in case there's no benefit in them. But do keep us updated. 

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

IVE BEEN GETTING LAGSPIKES WITH THE NEW UPDATES INSTALLED Empty Re: IVE BEEN GETTING LAGSPIKES WITH THE NEW UPDATES INSTALLED

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jul 2017, 17:54

The game can get slow when you have outdated Custom Content.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Jul 2017, 15:43

Uhm can you elaborate on outdated Custom Content sir?
and also i tried to rollback my nvidia driver and that solved the problem but after 2 days give the lagspikes went back Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jul 2017, 13:30

Update : I also tried to delete a bunch of useless stuff and the lagspikes went away but after some time it went back Sad WTF is this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jul 2017, 13:41

The best way to check is to move your folder [username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your desktop.
You then start a complete new game, no downloads, no unwanted additional stuff.
Still lag, then it must be the specs of your computer.

(You can always move your old The Sims 4 folder from your desktop back to Documents\Electronic Arts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top