Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RldOrigin when Origin isn't on

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RldOrigin when Origin isn't on Empty RldOrigin when Origin isn't on

Post by Guest Sat 08 Jul 2017, 19:38

When I try to open games4theworld sims 4 I get the message "Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin client is not running" despite the fact that I have turned off everything to do with Origin via ctrl + alt + delete. When I try run it as admin it just shows the same message again. This started happening for no reason and now I can't open the sims 4.

Before getting these messages I went to download parenthood + fitness stuff since I had previously downloaded the sims 4 when these packs weren't out. I saw when I clicked to download parenthood it for some reason was downloading every other pack as well. I stopped all the downloads before they could reach like 2% because I was confused, and now that I am trying to start the sims 4, it shows this message. Did torrent send the 1% downloaded bits straight into the sims 4 folders and f*ck up my game?? or is it something else?

Back to top Go down

RldOrigin when Origin isn't on Empty Re: RldOrigin when Origin isn't on

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jul 2017, 10:23

The Origin-error has 3 casues:

1. Origin is still active somewhere on your computer.
2. You have not made a correct shortcut of the file TS$.exe and/or TS4_x64.exe to your desktop
3. The file RldOrigin.dll is put in quarantaine by your anti-virus.

When you have a 64-bits Windows (you have both Program Files AND Program Files(x86) on your C: drive, try to start the game with TS4_x64.exe

And no, torrents, completed or not, are not directly going into your Sims 4 folders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jul 2017, 15:53

@Tarac I don't use a shortcut I go directly into Bin and click from there. x64 showed the same message as well. that file isn't in quarantine. How else can I make sure no Origin stuff is running other than task manager?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jul 2017, 15:45

crecrecreacreature wrote:@Tarac I don't use a shortcut I go directly into Bin and click from there. x64 showed the same message as well. that file isn't in quarantine. How else can I make sure no Origin stuff is running other than task manager?
Hi, take look at this post here on manually uninstalling the Origin. Also, take note that your Sims 4 should be located at Program Files(x86)\The Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jul 2017, 14:17

And have you turned of ( end Task ) in taskmaster? This happened to me as well. As I have three games installed, ( yup, The sims 4 on three different drives )and all three through the error message, I searched this forum and found the answer. I normally check if there are any new updates on ZLorigin. For that I have to log in to ZLOrigin.
Even after logging out, Origin was still running in Taskmaster. I ended task and everything is going smoothly again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 21:05

@Tarac i uninstalled Origin and the same happened. I then reinstalled it, updated it, changed the options so it never opens/automatically updates my games ect then closed it. When i try to open the sims 4 now, according to task manager it appears as a background process for a few seconds then disappears. 

I saw that your rldorigin.dll has to be a certain date/size to work and mine is not the correct size or date, but my sims was working just fine until literally the day i made this topic so i really don't know what the hell happened and my brother told me its a problem with the (pirated) game not origin? should i just redownload?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 21:13

Hi,

Yes, usually when Origin error occurs, it's not technically the origin's fault per se. You should just uninstall Origin if you have no need for it. From your first post, did you install any other DLCs? Since you mentioned it was downloading the rest. 

If after manually uninstalling origin as well as moving out the Sims 4 folder to 1) Program Files (x86) or 2) Program Files , you can try to re-install the game again if the error still appears. Make sure your anti-virus and windows defender are set up properly again before downloading/installing.

Install the base game and then test the game pack by pack to see if you're able to load it. My .dll is 554kb and date 22/6/17.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top