Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Continuous loading screen after updating The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Continuous loading screen after updating The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. [SOLVED] Empty Continuous loading screen after updating The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 09:56

Hello! 

Just like what the title of this topic says, I'm stuck on the loading screen after installing Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff.

I've followed the installation steps from this page: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#146695

Continuous loading screen after updating The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. [SOLVED] Sims4_

I have also tried the steps in this one: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30931-infinite-loading-after-updating-the-sims-4-toddlers-vampires-bowling-stuffs-solved

Continuous loading screen after updating The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. [SOLVED] Sims4_0

Downloaded the TS4_temp_fix file, unzipped it and pasted the new Game folder in my The Sims 4 folder in Program Files (x86).

But I'm still on the same screen after an hour (left it while I did other things).

Help please?

Hoping for your response.

Back to top Go down

Continuous loading screen after updating The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Continuous loading screen after updating The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 10:15

Before pasting the new game folder, did you DELETE the old one ?

Back to top Go down

Continuous loading screen after updating The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Continuous loading screen after updating The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 23:19

Tarac wrote:Before pasting the new game folder, did you DELETE the old one ?
I renamed it to Game_ but I could try starting over and deleting it this time if that's what you're suggesting?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Jul 2017, 23:24

guilesam wrote:I renamed it to Game_ but I could try starting over and deleting it this time if that's what you're suggesting?

Yes, please delete ALL of your Game/Game_ folders in your TS4 install location (just to be safe), then re-apply this temp fix. Mostly this fixes the error with the endless loading, but sometimes it can also be related to savefile hiccups...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 23:31

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
guilesam wrote:I renamed it to Game_ but I could try starting over and deleting it this time if that's what you're suggesting?

Yes, please delete ALL of your Game/Game_ folders in your TS4 install location (just to be safe), then re-apply this temp fix. Mostly this fixes the error with the endless loading, but sometimes it can also be related to savefile hiccups...
Just to be clear and please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm currently installed up to City Living and it's working.

First, I have to delete the Game folder. Followed by copy-pasting the files for Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. Then copy-paste the temp fix.

Did I get it right?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Jul 2017, 23:37

guilesam wrote:Just to be clear and please correct me if I'm wrong.

First, I have to delete the Game folder. Followed by copy-pasting the files for Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. Then copy-paste the temp fix.

Did I get it right?

No, 

1) you copy/paste the toddlers update over City Living, 
2) THEN you delete or rename the "Game"-folder, 
3) and at the end apply the temp fix 

You could theoretically delete the Game-folder now as well of course, but you'd still have to do it - again - after installing the Toddlers-pack.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 23:42

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
guilesam wrote:Just to be clear and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Did I get it right?

No, 

1) you copy/paste the toddlers update over City Living, 
2) THEN you delete or rename the "Game"-folder, 
3) and at the end apply the temp fix 

You could theoretically delete the Game-folder now as well of course, but you'd still have to do it - again - after installing the Toddlers-pack.
Alright. I'll follow your lead.

Be back in a few. ^ ^

EDIT: 

So I did step one. Then I deleted the Game folder and pasted the temp fix.

This came up when I tried launching the game.

Continuous loading screen after updating The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. [SOLVED] Sims4_1

Help

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 14 Jul 2017, 00:02

Delete the old shortcut (since it points to a file not existing anymore), and just create a new one. Or start directly the TS4.exe in your Game\Bin folder.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 00:17

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Delete the old shortcut (since it points to a file not existing anymore), and just create a new one. Or start directly the TS4.exe in your Game\Bin folder.
Got it.

Continuous loading screen after updating The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. [SOLVED] Capture

I'm in the game now.

Continuous loading screen after updating The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. [SOLVED] Untitled

Hopefully this works.

*crosses fingers*

EDIT: 

Continuous loading screen after updating The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires and Bowling Stuff. [SOLVED] Capture_1

It's up!  Very Happy

Now, I'll be installing the Parenthood and Fitness stuff next.

It says in the Installation Guide, "WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you RENAME that folder, into anything you like... Alternatively you can also delete or move the folder away. You should do this step regardless of whether or not you applied the "temp fix", "

Is it fine to continue as it says (I'm opting to delete the existing Game folder) or are there other instructions I should follow?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 14 Jul 2017, 00:39

Now that you basically "implemented" the new Game-folder, you can simply add the other DLCs (Parenthood, Fitness) by copying/pasting/overwriting. No need to rename the Game-folder anymore. 

Piece of cake.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 00:47

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Now that you basically "implemented" the new Game-folder, you can simply add the other DLCs (Parenthood, Fitness) by copying/pasting/overwriting. No need to rename the Game-folder anymore. 

Piece of cake.

But the other DLCs have their own Game folders.

Do I retain the current Game folder and not copy the ones from the DLC? or should I overwrite the current one with the Game folder from the DLCs?

I'm new here.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 14 Jul 2017, 00:53

Yes, you retain the "current" Game folder. When you install the other DLC, you also have to copy the Game-folders though, and overwrite your current one each time.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 01:02

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Yes, you retain the "current" Game folder. When you install the other DLC, you also have to copy the Game-folders though, and overwrite your current one each time.
Ok then.

I'm doing Parenthood right now.

Since the initial problem have been resolved, do I have to open a new topic if I encounter a new one after this?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 14 Jul 2017, 01:04

Just keep us posted in this thread here for the time being. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 01:19

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Just keep us posted in this thread here for the time being. Smile
Alright!

I'm done with Parenthood and it's good!

Down to the last one!  Heeeeeey, Macarena

EDIT: 

My skin is clear. My crops are thriving. My room is clean. I have 20/20 vision and it's all thanks to you!

Thank you so much!  Dedicated to Carlos

Yes, all is good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 11:40

I'm still a bit confused about the problem with the shortcut though.
When the new Game folder is placed correctly, the existing shortcut should still point to Install folder\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe (or TS4_x64.exe).
So there should be no need to renew the shortcut.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Jul 2017, 22:43

Tarac wrote:I'm still a bit confused about the problem with the shortcut though.
When the new Game folder is placed correctly, the existing shortcut should still point to Install folder\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe (or TS4_x64.exe).
So there should be no need to renew the shortcut.

Probably the shortcut pointed to a wrong file, maybe under the Game_ folder. But since the OP's problems seems resolved anyhow, I will close the topic. Feel free to open a new topic in the future in case you run into further issues. Until then, have fun! Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top