Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff in file? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff in file? [SOLVED] Empty No Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff in file? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 01:34

i've reached '06.) Download and install the torrent The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff. Keep in mind that the name of the actual archive file (after you download the torrent) is The Sims 4 Update v1.29.69.1020.zip.' but when i go to download it that is not what goes to download (it seems no matter where i get the link, the other games 4world older site, or direct from pirate bay), what is downloaded instead reads 'The Sims 4 Update v1.29.69.1020'  so how do i go about getting my hands on 'The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff' ?

thanks for assistance, i admitedly am not a total brain at doing instals and whatnot but my partner is + i've had to re-add the sims so many times i think i am following along okay its just a matter of not the files i beleive i need being accsessable (or my utorrent is possesed and beleives /labels it as something else? ) i am clearly cluelless so any assistance would be grand.

Back to top Go down

No Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff in file? [SOLVED] Empty Re: No Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff in file? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 03:21

So it's exactly as the guide says:
06.) Download and install the torrent The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff. Keep in mind that the name of the actual archive file (after you download the torrent) is The Sims 4 Update v1.29.69.1020.zip.

Back to top Go down

No Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff in file? [SOLVED] Empty Re: No Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff in file? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Jan 2019, 10:42

hermit777 wrote:i've reached '06.) Download and install the torrent The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff. Keep in mind that the name of the actual archive file (after you download the torrent) is The Sims 4 Update v1.29.69.1020.zip.' but when i go to download it that is not what goes to download (it seems no matter where i get the link, the other games 4world older site, or direct from pirate bay), what is downloaded instead reads 'The Sims 4 Update v1.29.69.1020'  so how do i go about getting my hands on 'The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff' ?

thanks for assistance, i admitedly am not a total brain at doing instals and whatnot but my partner is + i've had to re-add the sims so many times i think i am following along okay its just a matter of not the files i beleive i need being accsessable (or my utorrent is possesed and beleives /labels it as something else? ) i am clearly cluelless so any assistance would be grand.

The torrent was created by a former Moderator on G4TW here who may have been well-meaning at the time, but he did not have a lot of TS4 knowledge, if any. 

Do you have any ideas on how we can improve the guide? Because I'm not sure what could be confusing in this instance. Did you think the .torrent file (only) was named "Updated 1.29.69.1020.zip"? But even if you thought that, wouldn't it only be consequential that the actual download/archive file would be named "Update 1.29.69.1020.zip", as well...?

Edit: please also try avoiding dark font colors on the Forum here. Smile  I fixed your message in that regard. By default when you write a post, you don't have to set a Forum Font color, because the default one (despite blinking as "black" when writing a message) is white already.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 10:54

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Do you have any ideas on how we can improve the guide? Because I'm not sure what could be confusing in this instance. Did you think the .torrent file (only) was named "Updated 1.29.69.1020.zip"? But even if you thought that, wouldn't it only be consequential that the actual download/archive file would be named "Update 1.29.69.1020.zip", as well...?
Something like THIS perhaps ?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Jan 2019, 10:59

Tarac wrote:

For once not so bad. The old Admin maybe was right: you do have some good ideas at times. The only problem here is: even if we renamed the actual .torrent file to Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling, the actual .rar archive file at the end - after downloading - will still be named "Update 1.29.69.1020.zip".

In other words: no practical difference whatsoever between your description and the G4TW guide.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 11:51

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:

For once not so bad. The old Admin maybe was right: you do have some good ideas at times. The only problem here is: even if we renamed the actual .torrent file to Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling, the actual .rar archive file at the end - after downloading - will still be named "Update 1.29.69.1020.zip".

In other words: no practical difference whatsoever between your description and the G4TW guide.
That should be no problem, simply add the line to the manual:
Note that this torrent is titled Update 1.29.69.1020.zip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 12:07

5. Toddlers, Vampires, Bowling

1. Download the torrent for Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling. Note that this torrent is titled The Sims 4 Update 1.29.69.1020.zip
  2. When torrent-download is completed extract with Winrar
  3. Copy (not move) all folders to your install folder The Sims 4 you’ve created in step 5 of the base game.
  4. When you want other language instead of English: Add (copy) the TS4_language_strings to your install folder (after extraction with Winrar)

Continue installing with at least Parenthood and Fitness otherwise you are stuck with infinite loading of households and other errors (Spanish)

When you want to play NOW:

1. Delete the folder Game from your install-folder
  2. Download Game_toddler.rar
  3. Extract with Winrar
  4. Open Game_toddler and copy the folder Game to your install-folder

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Jan 2019, 12:28

Tarac wrote:
That should be no problem, (...)

Ever noticed anadius' previous reply here, and the fact that there is already a similar notice? Not in the "title", but in the description? Also, the name of the torrent in the download list indicates that "Update 1.29.69.1020" is in fact Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t53-all-games4theworld-downloads

It doesn't say so on the old "games4theworld.org" website (which many people still use for the old Sims 4 torrents), but that's also OK. People will need to come to the realization that the old website's information is partially outdated/incomplete.

And @hermit777, I don't think this is really about "being a noob when it comes to installing stuff". I'm not a computer science engineering-professor either. Maybe you were 'just' over-analyzing something that really doesn't need any further analysis. Which in itself is not bad. People need to employ more critical-thinking skills, indeed. Only: I don't think the TS4 Must-Read guide is the right place for that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 13:00

A small remark on the official must read guide:
Why is the moving out of Electronic Arts folder mentioned as item 18 and not immediately in or after item 1 (base game) ?
Many people start the game as soon as the base game or a DLC is downloaded and installed (not reading further) and are confronted with the Origin not running error.

1. Download the torrent for the Base Game (The Sims 4)
  2. When torrent-download is completed extract with Winrar
  3. Click on The Sims 4 setup.exe to start the installation
  4. Whatever you try to change, installation will always go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
  5. When installation is completed, MOVE (not copy) the entire folder The Sims 4 out of the folder Electronic Arts to any suitable location on your computer. This can even be on an external drive. If you don’t move it out of Electronic Arts you will get the Origin-not-running-error.
  6. Make a new shortcut on your desktop from that new location\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe
  7. Open the folder Crack in the download and copy the 2 files to the folder Game\Bin (not required when you continue with the other DLC’s)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Jan 2019, 13:21

Tarac wrote:A small remark on the official must read guide:
Why is the moving out of Electronic Arts folder mentioned as item 18 and not immediately in or after item 1 (base game) ?
Many people start the game as soon as the base game or a DLC is downloaded and installed (not reading further) and are confronted with the Origin not running error.

Again, this is an interesting remark, so I shall take my time to respond to it.

You are correct, this is something we could improve. But at the time the initial draft of the guide was written, the old Admin was still active on this Forum, and he wrote this guide. It was an idea that the old Admin came up with. With that being said, the step with moving out the installation folder only became apparent much later; I think it was with the "Dine Out"-DLC; but I can't remember anymore.

The step with moving the install folder is where it is in the Must-Read, because at the time (2014/early 2015) the implications or details were not apparent to us. The game works fine under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4", if you only have the base game and the "Get to Work". But I think "Get together" must have the install folder elsewhere already, or "City Living". Again, I can't remember.

From the perspective in the year 2019 it is no doubt easy for people like you @Tarac, or maybe @anadius, or in fact pretty much any other repacker to point out deficiencies in a G4TW-guide that is a product of a historic process. That sounds poetic, but the guide is really a result of many years of editing. And of course you are right, that from the perspective of the year 2019, it is not the most user-friendly system. But at the time, it worked well for us, or at least well-enough. There weren't that many DLCs either, for TS4.

I suppose I could nonetheless see if the guide can be modernized, at least parts of it, in that you are also right.

Nonetheless, a pressing question that I always asked myself: where were you in the year 2014, when TS4 was released? Because at the time, there were only 2 types of DRM-free Sims 4 repacks: either G4TW-style loose-files* that need to be copy-pasted. Or other repackers who kept re-releasing all-in-ones. A little bit later these incremental installers started showing up...but still. So much for the aspect of historic perspectives (but a source of decent inspiration for the current Indie Corner theme, so thanks for that!).

*to use the words of a staffer from a 'competitor forum'
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 13:41

Back in 2014 I did not pay much attention to G4TW as I was too busy with my own websites.
On my websites I always offered a different download for the base game. That download, by default, installed the base game in C;|Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 and one could change the destination of the install folder prior to installation.

Recommended Alternative download for the Base game

1. Download the Base Game HERE
  2. Open the downloaded torrent with a program like Utorrent, bittorrent, Vuze a.o.
  3. When completed rightclick on the downloaded .iso and select Open with … Explorer (Windows prior to version 8.1 mount the .iso in Poweriso or Daemon)
  4. Click on Setup.exe to start the installation (Not on any setup.bin)
  5. Select an install folder or leave it to the default C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
  6. When Setup is completed open the folder Crack in the download and copy the 4 files to your installation folder Game\Bin (this step can be skipped when you install the next DLC’s now)

It's only later on when I visited G4TW more frequently that I noticed the very many questions about Origin not running, resulting in my writing of an alternative manual here on the forum. An effort I gave up when I was not allowed to edit that manual for the newer DLC's.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Jan 2019, 14:23

Tarac wrote:(...)

It's only later on when I visited G4TW more frequently that I noticed the very many questions about Origin not running, resulting in my writing of an alternative manual here on the forum. An effort I gave up when I was not allowed to edit that manual for the newer DLC's.

Small correction: the problem in your case was that you simply copy-pasted the stuff from your own website, into this Forum here. And as a result of an overbloated message-code full of redundant HTML, you broke the character limit for individual messages on Forumotion, which is only 65,000 characters, including empty spaces.

Your guide has a lot less text than the G4TW-edition, so in theory it should fit easily into the Forum. Had you asked about this particular aspect earlier, a solution could have been worked on together and probably achieved too.

Of course, it doesn't help here either that the Forumotion's awful Forum software...just doesn't fit for modern standards anymore.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 14:29

Additional remark about the "must read".
G4TW is worldwide know and appreciated for its downloads.
I think I have mentioned this before but why - when a certain download seems to be incorrect/faulty - don't you upload a new, repaired torrent and remove links to the faulty one. In my view that system is better than still leaving the old link + patch for repairing. The patch is of course handy for those who already download the faulty torrent, but new downloaders should not need it.
Yes, it is difficult to remove a torrent from the internet but you can easily let it die when you remove the links.

If other people outside G4TW still link to the faulty torrent, so be it. It's their responsibily not G4TW.
An example: I've published The Sims 4 all-in-one almost every time after a release of a new DLC or patch.
Good to see that after a while an outdated download has died (althoiugh still available, but no links exist) and the latest release is downloaded by many people very frequently.
Version 1.48.90.1020: No dowloaders. Version 1.48.94.1020 at this moment 24 downloaders and 123 seeders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 14:54

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Your guide has a lot less text than the G4TW-edition, so in theory it should fit easily into the Forum. Had you asked about this particular aspect earlier, a solution could have been worked on together and probably achieved too.
Feel free to use my guide here on the forum if you wish.
Of course you may amend it (f.e. links to your torrents instead of my links leading to tarac.nl)
I noticed that my links are not recognized as such when published on the forum, maybe too long.
Example:

2. Get to Work

includes: Holiday Celebration Pack (FP01, 2014 Christmas-themed items), Outdoor Retreat (GP01), Get to Work (EP01)

1. [url=http://tarac.nl/Downloads/Sims 4/Torrents/02. the_sims_4_-_get_to_work.rar.torrent]Download the torrent[/url] for  Get to Work
  2. Open the downloaded torrent with a program like Utorrent, bittorrent, Vuze a.o.
  3. When torrent-download is completed extract with Winrar
  4. Copy (not move) all folders to your install folder The Sims 4 you've created in step 5 of the base game.

When I shorten the link with f.e. tiny url, it will be recognized.
1. Download the torrent for Get to Work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 15:03

The_gh0stm4n wrote:The torrent was created by a former Moderator on G4TW here who may have been well-meaning at the time, but he did not have a lot of TS4 knowledge, if any. 

Edit: please also try avoiding dark font colors on the Forum here. Smile  I fixed your message in that regard. By default when you write a post, you don't have to set a Forum Font color, because the default one (despite blinking as "black" when writing a message) is white already.
i think most important is i don't try to instal games /then post my confusion publicly after trying to switch from nightshift to days in 24hours... (that also applies to changing the font colour as i was to tired to try to type the quote out so i coppied it, and that  brought over its colour/size/font so then i tried to correct that, but setting to white then ment i couldn't see what i was writing so yeah,...)
I was mostly so caught up that what i clicked to download wasn't what was showing in my utorrent program that i figured it couldn't be correct.
Thanks, i'm now about to start the next step.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 15:09

Tarac wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Something like ----- perhaps ?
 1) i figured as i couldn't make out what i should be clicking on as i speak only english that i shouldn't click on anything
2) then i found it didnt seem to matter, neither got me anything but to a window about link sharing for profit or popups for things like 'Ashley Madison'

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Jan 2019, 16:10

hermit777 wrote:
 1) i figured as i couldn't make out what i should be clicking on as i speak only english that i shouldn't click on anything
2) then i found it didnt seem to matter, neither got me anything but to a window about link sharing for profit or popups for things like 'Ashley Madison'

The policy on G4TW (at least in the immediate/near future) is that we have these ads on all "outside links"; and as much as people dislike the ads/policy. You can and should only click on where it says "Weiter". Then wait until the 15-second counter runs down, and then "Weiter zur Website".

These ads help us with financing some features of this Forum, plus more stuff in the future maybe (new Minecraft-server, website, etc.)

It's your choice whether you want to bear with us in that regard; but we will not abandon the policy. Again, at least not in the near future. If this is something you absolutely don't want to reconcile with, there are many other good Sims 4 repackers out there, and while their mode of installation in the games may differ from G4TW, the end-result is still the same.

If you look under "games4theworld.org" and the "Downloads"-tab, there are still the old Sims 4 torrents (without any ads), so that could also be a partial solution in your case.

//EDIT

Tarac wrote:I noticed that my links are not recognized as such when published on the forum, maybe too long.

I suspect this is some form of safety measure from Forumotion, because that links downloads directly in the browser without leading to an intermediary page. I'll need to do more testing later on though.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 16:25

is there a way i can start to play/make things work after adding the 'cats and dogs update'? i ask now as i can't seem to locate/find these add-ons in order to follow the '
*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 4 correctly."

The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff.
The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure. 
The Sims 4: My First Pet Stuff.
The Sims 4: Seasons.
The Sims 4: Get Famous.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Jan 2019, 16:44

Sure you can; but then you will "only" have the DLC until Cats & Dogs, and none of the updates beyond that. Just install up to Cats & Dogs, and run the game.

As hinted, the website belongs to the old Admin, who nobody is in contact with (anymore?). We have no influence whatsoever in that matter. The site really only contains the 'older' G4TW torrents.

The newer stuff is only published on the Forum, but then with these ads.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 16:48

hermit777 wrote:is there a way i can start to play/make things work after adding the 'cats and dogs update'? i ask now as i can't seem to locate/find these add-ons in order to follow the '
*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 4 correctly."

The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff.
The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure. 
The Sims 4: My First Pet Stuff.
The Sims 4: Seasons.
The Sims 4: Get Famous.
On the top of G4TW's Home screen you'll see a bar Home  Forum Rules  All@GamesfortheWorld downloads  The Sims 3 Store   Faq    etc etc.
Click on All@GamesfortheWorld downloads and you'find what you wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Jan 2019, 18:23

Tarac wrote:but why - when a certain download seems to be incorrect/faulty - don't you upload a new, repaired torrent and remove links to the faulty one. In my view that system is better than still leaving the old link + patch for repairing. 

Because my internet is not so good. Of course: living in a high-tech bubble like Holland, where the best IT products and services are available in abundance, and for relatively cheap ... can make one think this is "the standard" (I recall ~Ann~ once proclaiming with excitement that she purchased a new top-end gaming mouse for 15 Euros or so? Something that on my end would cost easily 80-90 Euros or more ).

That picture of Holland may be a bit exaggerated I guess, but on the other hand I'm pretty sure I'm not too far off.

What is also clear is that not all countries are as technologically advanced. An internet like yours, or Sim Architect's, or the old Admin's...is on my end generally only available in the biggest cities, plus at a price that is going to be affordable mainly for firms rather than the average citizen. Yes, there are also a few insane people here like hardcore gamers or YouTubers with too much money apparently, but these are only very few. 

If one day someone else (with a faster internet than me) is going to take over the responsibility of posting these Sims-updates, then maybe your suggestion will become more valid. I don't think it's necessarily wrong, but given the circumstances on my end, it's less feasible to do.

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2019, 21:41

If one day someone else (with a faster internet than me) is going to take over the responsibility of posting these Sims-updates, then maybe your suggestion will become more valid. I don't think it's necessarily wrong, but given the circumstances on my end, it's less feasible to do.

Whenever you asked me to pre-seed a patch or DLC or Indie game, I've done that.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Jan 2019, 21:06

Good, since everything has been said here (and we're again so far off-topic), I will also close the thread now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top