Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Crashing on Startup

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Crashing on Startup Empty Sims 4 Crashing on Startup

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jul 2017, 07:08

Alright, so I've recently been using the Sims 4 and Expansions up to but not including the toddler + vampires updates. But since I've installed the toddler + vampires update and beyond, I haven't been able to get my game to load at all. I even did a fresh install of the Sims 4 base game + all expansions and it seems that it just keeps crashing on the loading screen at the startup of the game.
I've been searching the forums for answers and have tried a few things:
-Fresh Installing
-Made SURE I deleted the Game folder after the toddler update before installing the other 2 packs
-Ran the Sims 4 as an administrator
(Forgot to mention) I also added the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix and it still wouldn't start

Some Extra Information:
I am on a Windows 10 64 Bit PC
My Sims 4 Folder is in my This PC>Local Disc (C:)>Program Files (x86)>The Sims 4
I have no CC or Mods Installed
The Error I get reads: "The Sims 4 has stopped responding" before closing

Here's a Screenshot of my Sims 4 folder:
Sims 4 Crashing on Startup The_si11

I very much appreciate any help/advice I can get, thank you in advance.

Last edited by PotatoSimmer on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 07:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a Detail)

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Crashing on Startup Empty Re: Sims 4 Crashing on Startup

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jul 2017, 11:03

You have merged 2 folders:

1. The folder in Program Files, which should look like this

Sims 4 Crashing on Startup The-sims-4_orig

2. The folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, which should look like this. Ignore the lastException files.

Sims 4 Crashing on Startup The-sims-4-werkmap_orig
If you don't mind loosing your old Sims, Houses, etc just delete the unwanted items from your install folder (picture 1) and delete your progress-folder The Sims 4 from the folder Documents\Electronic Arts.

If you want to try and save your Sims, Houses etc.:
Move, not copy, the unwanted files/folders from your installation folder (first picture) to a new folder on your desktop
Then Rename your progress-folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts (second picture) to f.e. The Sims 4_old

Now start your game again as Administrator.
When it starts now, you can - if you wish - try to restore your old Sims, Families, Houses (folders Tray and Saves) from either the new folder on your desktop and/or from The Sims 4_old by copying them to the newly formed progress folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jul 2017, 14:49

Tarac wrote:You have merged 2 folders:

1. The folder in Program Files, which should look like this

Sims 4 Crashing on Startup The-sims-4_orig

2. The folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, which should look like this. Ignore the lastException files.

Sims 4 Crashing on Startup The-sims-4-werkmap_orig
If you don't mind loosing your old Sims, Houses, etc just delete the unwanted items from your install folder (picture 1) and delete your progress-folder The Sims 4 from the folder Documents\Electronic Arts.

If you want to try and save your Sims, Houses etc.:
Move, not copy, the unwanted files/folders from your installation folder (first picture) to a new folder on your desktop
Then Rename your progress-folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts (second picture) to f.e. The Sims 4_old

Now start your game again as Administrator.
When it starts now, you can - if you wish - try to restore your old Sims, Families, Houses (folders Tray and Saves) from either the new folder on your desktop and/or from The Sims 4_old by copying them to the newly formed progress folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts.

I'm sorry, but it appears as though the links to the pictures are broken so I can't see them Sad It's showing up as blank on the forum post page and when quoting they show broken link icons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jul 2017, 15:26

Hi, 

I'll type out the folders in case you still can't view them.

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4

• __Installer
  • Data
  • Delta
  • EP01 , EP02, EP03
  • FP01
  • Game
  • GP01, GP02, GP03, GP04, GP05
  • Soundtrack
  • SP01, SP02, SP03, SP04, SP05, SP06, SP07, SP08, SP09, SP10, SP11
  • Support

** I have all packs installed.

C:\Users\User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

• cachestr
  • Custom Music
  • Mods
  • onlinethumbnailcache
  • Recorded Videos
  • saves
  • Screenshots
  • Tray
  • clientDB.package
  • Config.log
  • ConnectionStatus.txt
  • Events.ini
  • GamerVersion.txt
  • lastCrash.txt - includes those with numbers behind
  • lastException.txt - includes those with numbers behind
  • lastUIException.txt
  • localthumbcache.package
  • notify.glob
  • Options.ini
  • ReticulatedSplinesView
  • UserData.lock
  • UserSettings.ini

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jul 2017, 17:07

Ageha wrote:Hi, 

I'll type out the folders in case you still can't view them.

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4

• __Installer
  • Data
  • Delta
  • EP01 , EP02, EP03
  • FP01
  • Game
  • GP01, GP02, GP03, GP04, GP05
  • Soundtrack
  • SP01, SP02, SP03, SP04, SP05, SP06, SP07, SP08, SP09, SP10, SP11
  • Support

** I have all packs installed.

C:\Users\User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

• cachestr
  • Custom Music
  • Mods
  • onlinethumbnailcache
  • Recorded Videos
  • saves
  • Screenshots
  • Tray
  • clientDB.package
  • Config.log
  • ConnectionStatus.txt
  • Events.ini
  • GamerVersion.txt
  • lastCrash.txt - includes those with numbers behind
  • lastException.txt - includes those with numbers behind
  • lastUIException.txt
  • localthumbcache.package
  • notify.glob
  • Options.ini
  • ReticulatedSplinesView
  • UserData.lock
  • UserSettings.ini

Alright SO, I've checked and modified the folders the best I could, even going so far as to delete the Sims 4 folder in the Electronic Arts folder, and re-launching the game to see if it'd re-create the files, but most of the files you have listed are missing from mine.

Sims 4 Crashing on Startup The_si13

And here's the Sims 4 folder in the Electronic Arts folder:
Sims 4 Crashing on Startup Electr11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jul 2017, 17:18

Hi,

You still have files mixed up in the wrong folder. Look closely again at your Program Files(x86)\The Sims 4. Alot of them should be placed in the Documents\EA\The Sims 4 instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jul 2017, 18:22

Ageha wrote:Hi,

You still have files mixed up in the wrong folder. Look closely again at your Program Files(x86)\The Sims 4. Alot of them should be placed in the Documents\EA\The Sims 4 instead.

Alright I've moved all the files around and This is what I have now:
Sims 4 Crashing on Startup Electr12

Sims 4 Crashing on Startup The_si14

It's still not loading but I THINK I put all the files in the right place, I think x.x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jul 2017, 18:26

Yes, it's been properly place now. Have you tried running the game with a fresh folder as suggested by Tarac? You can rename your current one in Documents and run the game as administrator, a fresh new folder will be created for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jul 2017, 18:31

Ageha wrote:Yes, it's been properly place now. Have you tried running the game with a fresh folder as suggested by Tarac? You can rename your current one in Documents and run the game as administrator, a fresh new folder will be created for you.

I just did so, and it made no difference Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jul 2017, 18:39

I see. Could you check whether there's more than one folder where your sims might store the data to? I heard for windows 10 sometimes it might get uploaded to onedrive instead OR they find other folders elsewhere. Try searching for cachestr at the search bar in file explorer.

Other than that, can you zip those last Crash and Exception with the numbers behind them and send them to me? I'll try to see if anything is stated inside.

Also, make sure that your drivers are up-to-date as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jul 2017, 18:49

Ageha wrote:I see. Could you check whether there's more than one folder where your sims might store the data to? I heard for windows 10 sometimes it might get uploaded to onedrive instead OR they find other folders elsewhere. Try searching for cachestr at the search bar in file explorer.

Other than that, can you zip those last Crash and Exception with the numbers behind them and send them to me? I'll try to see if anything is stated inside.

Also, make sure that your drivers are up-to-date as well.

Alright, I've checked that 1. My drivers are up to date (They are), and to see if there's anywhere else it's storing data to (There isn't anything else coming up besides that of which is in the correct folder).
I'll attach my logs.... Sorry for being such a pain x.x I just really want to figure out what's wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Jul 2017, 19:38

PotatoSimmer wrote:

Alright, I've checked that 1. My drivers are up to date (They are), and to see if there's anywhere else it's storing data to (There isn't anything else coming up besides that of which is in the correct folder).
I'll attach my logs.... Sorry for being such a pain x.x I just really want to figure out what's wrong.

Hello,

Was the implication (of your opening message) that you were able to play the game fine until the "City Living" DLC, and that these issues started with installing toddlers + parenthood + fitness?

Is that computer hardware-wise capable of running the game and all DLCs? Are you playing other games than TS4 on that same computer and if so, what is the average performance on those games?

I suppose if nothing works you could start over with re-installing everything from scratch. Maybe when you mis-copied the stuff something went wrong, and simply moving the surplus folders over to Documents\Electronic Arts\ couldn't fix the issue.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jul 2017, 19:50

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
PotatoSimmer wrote:

Hello,

Was the implication (of your opening message) that you were able to play the game fine until the "City Living" DLC, and that these issues started with installing toddlers + parenthood + fitness?

Is that computer hardware-wise capable of running the game and all DLCs? Are you playing other games than TS4 on that same computer and if so, what is the average performance on those games?

I suppose if nothing works you could start over with re-installing everything from scratch. Maybe when you mis-copied the stuff something went wrong, and simply moving the surplus folders over to Documents\Electronic Arts\ couldn't fix the issue.

Yes, I was able to play until the toddlers+parenthood+fitness packs. And Hardware wise, I have been able to run much heavier games in the past just fine, such as the sims 3 with all expansions.

I'm  re-installing it again right now to see if I can't fix it c: thanks for the suggestion!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Jul 2017, 19:56

PotatoSimmer wrote:
Yes, I was able to play until the toddlers+parenthood+fitness packs. And Hardware wise, I have been able to run much heavier games in the past just fine, such as the sims 3 with all expansions.

I'm  re-installing it again right now to see if I can't fix it c: thanks for the suggestion!

Just take your time, and be careful out there. Good luck!

Tea 5   Cookie from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top