Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

game frozen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

game frozen Empty game frozen

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 00:35

So for a while, I was having an issue with my game not playing.. and then it magically fixed itself. (Seriously, I don't know what happened.)

So I was playing for a few months, with GTW, Get together and Spa packs..

Then I decided to install the rest.  Everything installed fine.

My problem is this: 

I can get to CAS no problem
Select the world
select a house
hit MOVE IN.

that's where my problem is. Once I hit the move in, and it loads the plum screen, it just stays there.  I deleted past saves, all the packs are installed properly... so I'm not sure whats going on. WhatDidUJustCallMe? I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, replacing the game, repairing the game... deleted game version, and default, and I have no Mods.

Back to top Go down

game frozen Empty Re: game frozen

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 09:07

After installing The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff update did you rename/remove the Game folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 10:38

DarkKale wrote:After installing The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff update did you rename/remove and REPLACED by the new Game folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 01:26

I have the same problem, checking now if this is what was missing. Are there supposed to be two Game folders?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 01:32

andierpa wrote:I have the same problem, checking now if this is what was missing. Are there supposed to be two Game folders?
Well its more like a backup I guess. I simple deleted the old one and applied the rest of the updates and it started to work. I don't truly know if it is for backup though I just saw it on the instructions to rename or remove.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 01:52

Renaming didn't help at all with mine. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 03:01

andierpa wrote:Renaming didn't help at all with mine. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Did you rename and the apply ALL updates AFTER toddlers vampires and bowling and then start the game from the NEW Game folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 03:06

I haven't added any updates after vampires and toddlers and bowling. Should I?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 03:16

andierpa wrote:I haven't added any updates after vampires and toddlers and bowling. Should I?
When I went through when I tried toddlers I had to do all updates otherwise more errors would happen. With the update you have my RECOMMENDATION (in other words suggestion) is to remove the current game folder and install rest of updates. After fitness (which I believe is latest) the game started working for me. Once again this is a suggestion, you can wait for a more experienced member of this forum replies.

Last edited by DarkKale on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 03:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Make sure doesn't seem forced)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 06:37

Hi @andierpa

Please stick to your own thread since you had made one, so that you do not need to go back and forth. I understand that perhaps someone might not reply to you yet (after you posted), but replies will usually be given within 24 hours.

Your thread can be found here. And if anyone would like to reply, please do so on that thread instead. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 11:20

The reason why you have to delete or rename the folder Game after ythe installation of Toddlers/Vampires is that due to the introduction of Toddlers in the Base game, the folder Game contained some elements that cannot be overwritten with the usual copy/paste method.
So these elements must be removed and it was easier to rebuilt the folder Game then to delete element by element in all kind of seperate instructions.

Renaming the old folder Game to Game_  (or completely removing the old folder) and then replacing by a new folder Game solves this problem in a simple manner.

So you can either perform this after installation of Toddlers, or just delete/rename the folder and then immediately install Parenthood and Fitness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top