Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Collection.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Collection. Empty Sims 3 Collection.

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 20:28

I've used games4theworld for a while now, but due to some circumstances, I have to reinstall all of the Sims 3 stuff. That's cool, no problem.

I've been downloading for 14 hours and only have 221 MB downloaded (0.7%). My Average Down Speed is 4.4 kB/s (though I've been carrying around 7 for period). My Up Speed is 0.2 kB/s. It also says I have 1.285 seeds. Estimated time to complete is 1 week and 3 days.

I'm not super good with download stuff, but I do know before (though it was pre-sims 4), I was able to get the download a lot faster.

Is there anything I can do to speed this up, or is it just something I'll have to wait out for the next week?

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Collection. Empty Re: Sims 3 Collection.

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 22:08

Try THIS TORRENT
Much easier to install, all expansions together in just 1 mouseclick.
No cracks, no updates or patches required.
You can keep the G4TW torrent running as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Jul 2017, 22:13

Tarac wrote:Try THIS TORRENT
Much easier to install, all expansions together in just 1 mouseclick.
No cracks, no updates or patches required.
You can keep the G4TW torrent running as well.

URL shortened.

There is also this for speeding up torrents:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads-guide
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 02:55

So is this different from the "Sims 3 collection" G4TW already offers?

I paused my download and tweaked some things and it seems to be running around the normal speed now. I'll fix everything else according to the thread!

Thank you again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 09:42

DisRiss wrote:So is this different from the "Sims 3 collection" G4TW already offers?

I paused my download and tweaked some things and it seems to be running around the normal speed now. I'll fix everything else according to the thread!

Thank you again!
Yes, much different, however with the same result in the end.
G4TW: 21x registrationcode, 21x installations, 1 patch, 1 crack
Mr.DJ: no registrationcodes, 1 installation, no patch, no crack

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Jul 2017, 15:14

Tarac wrote:G4TW: 21x registrationcode, 21x installations, 1 patch, 1 crack
Mr.DJ: no registrationcodes, 1 installation, no patch, no crack

You forgot to mention that in the G4TW edition, people can essentially choose what packs they like. And once more, can you please use URL shorteners on your own?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 15:58

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
You forgot to mention that in the G4TW edition, people can essentially choose what packs they like. And once more, can you please use URL shorteners on your own?
What's the benefit of using shorteners, once you click on them you come to the unshortend page/link anyhow ?
Example you shortened my link http://kat.rip/torrent/69836ec381b7ceb65c5cca1f239014dcd7f2714f.html to http://tinyurl.com/y7owromn
Yes, it is shorter but the endresult is the same. Both links lead to the same page.
So LINK ,shortend is the same as LINK, full length
Who will notice the difference when they click on either LINK ?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Jul 2017, 17:01

Tarac wrote:What's the benefit of using shorteners, once you click on them you come to the unshortend page/link anyhow ?
Example you shortened my link http://kat.rip/torrent/69836ec381b7ceb65c5cca1f239014dcd7f2714f.html to http://tinyurl.com/y7owromn
Yes, it is shorter but the endresult is the same. Both links lead to the same page.

My man, you should know that I am only taking orders from other people - and passing these orders on to the remaining forum members. That people hate me for this work is unavoidable, but I guess that's part of the game. I get your argument that it doesn't sound logical, but I guess Forumotion came up with this strange legal construction that "obscuring" these links with shorteners is not a problem? I don't really know.

But I "got my orders", and as far as I'm concerned that is that, for the moment. Please try getting in touch with the Webmaster (Admin) or Edin/Arya for further concerns.

I also suppose that if it's done in just a few posts, then the Forum won't get shut down by Forumotion. But in general, the majority of these links to KAT, TPB, MediaFire, MEGA, GoogleDrive, etc. should be shortened.

Edit: it's not so much a technical argument (of course you get the same link in the end regardless of whether you use a shortener or not). Rather, it seems to be grounded on legal reasoning.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 21:43

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:What's the benefit of using shorteners, once you click on them you come to the unshortend page/link anyhow ?

My man, you should know that I am only taking orders from other people - and passing these orders on to the remaining forum members. That people hate me for this work is unavoidable, but I guess that's part of the game. I get your argument that it doesn't sound logical, but I guess Forumotion came up with this strange legal construction that "obscuring" these links with shorteners is not a problem? I don't really know.

But I "got my orders", and as far as I'm concerned that is that, for the moment. Please try getting in touch with the Webmaster (Admin) or Edin/Arya for further concerns.

I also suppose that if it's done in just a few posts, then the Forum won't get shut down by Forumotion. But in general, the majority of these links to KAT, TPB, MediaFire, MEGA, GoogleDrive, etc. should be shortened.

Edit: it's not so much a technical argument (of course you get the same link in the end regardless of whether you use a shortener or not). Rather, it seems to be grounded on legal reasoning.
I fail to see why people should hate you, you do a marvellous job on this forum.
With regards to open links I understand the position of Forumotion but I guess that there is some misinterpretation about the rules concerning the use of disguised links.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 23:13

When you download the collection, how many of the expansions are in it? All the way up to the future one or?

Last edited by jonztrup on Sat 29 Jul 2017, 23:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jul 2017, 09:31

jonztrup wrote:When you download the collection, how many of the expansions are in it? All the way up to the future one or?
Yes, ALL of them, also Into the Future

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 31 Jul 2017, 18:51

Tarac wrote:I guess that there is some misinterpretation about the rules concerning the use of disguised links.

I think part of the explanation is also under the FAQ here (IV. Posting issues & Private messaging -> I don't understand the thing about 'outside links', why is Games4theworld so strict about this).
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24098-forum-faq

It's easier for us to just disallow almost every link from normal users. Because if everything was allowed, we would also have to actually check every individual link for safety. That under the circumstances this is not doable should be obvious in my opinion (Moderators on here tend to become inactive after a short while already, plus the amount messages in general). Of course: people with good intentions will dislike the rule as well, then again, for practical reasons I doubt there will be many alternatives.

I don't necessarily blame you; I know a couple of pink Moderators who are having difficulties with this reasoning. And that, without offering doable alternative solutions. Then again: what most users fail to realize is that being Moderator is usually much more work than simply posting the same repetitive answers over and over. Unless of course you interpret the role as sitting on the chatbox and indulging yourself in 'feeling accomplished'. I know I should not necessarily be posting this so 'frankly' here, but maybe it will be understood better. Yes, I've seen those things as well.

If we had (more) active Moderators, and also if that Forum was being self-hosted, then maybe we could think a modification of the rule. Maybe one day we can manage to pack these Forum posts in some sort of "temporary database" and then install this on our own server(s). But my own technical knowledge for this kind of thing is too limited at the moment, at least.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 19:08

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:I guess that there is some misinterpretation about the rules concerning the use of disguised links.

I think part of the explanation is also under the FAQ here (IV. Posting issues & Private messaging -> I don't understand the thing about 'outside links', why is Games4theworld so strict about this).
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24098-forum-faq

It's easier for us to just disallow almost every link from normal users. Because if everything was allowed, we would also have to actually check every individual link for safety. That under the circumstances this is not doable should be obvious in my opinion (Moderators on here tend to become inactive after a short while already, plus the amount messages in general). Of course: people with good intentions will dislike the rule as well, then again, for practical reasons I doubt there will be many alternatives.

I don't necessarily blame you; I know a couple of pink Moderators who are having difficulties with this reasoning. And that, without offering doable alternative solutions. Then again: what most users fail to realize is that being Moderator is usually much more work than simply posting the same repetitive answers over and over. Unless of course you interpret the role as sitting on the chatbox and indulging yourself in 'feeling accomplished'. I know I should not necessarily be posting this so 'frankly' here, but maybe it will be understood better. Yes, I've seen those things as well.

If we had (more) active Moderators, and also if that Forum was being self-hosted, then maybe we could think a modification of the rule. Maybe one day we can manage to pack these Forum posts in some sort of "temporary database" and then install this on our own server(s). But my own technical knowledge for this kind of thing is too limited at the moment, at least.
There is no technical difference between a LINK shortened and a LINK full length. Also it makes the task for Moderators not more difficult or easier.
An outside link remains an outside link, short or long.
About a Moderator posting the same answers over and over could be, partially, solved by "1 question, 1 thread" It will also make searching for an answer a bit simpler.

However, I fully understand your position and again admire you for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 31 Jul 2017, 19:20

Tarac wrote:There is no technical difference between a LINK shortened and a LINK full length. 

Then again, that does not seem to be in accord with Forumotion's position on the issue. Using these shortened URLs really seems to be a legal requirement. From what I understood talking with Admin back then, at least. I know it's an arrangement that can be uncomfortable (we have to shorten most if not all links), but in the current circumstances I'm afraid we will need to respect it. As indicated, I don't think in practice all 100% links have to be shortened, but at least the majority.

And my opinion is, if a user even gets remotely bored by "repetitiveness", then they should not have any formal rank status on G4TW because they aren't suitable in the first place. Regardless of how we deal with the problem vs. topic issue. And yes, in my understanding the issue behind inactivity seems some sort of unrealistic expectation combined with boredom.

Not at all anything to be ashamed of (please don't misunderstand), but then a formal team member status is not the right thing.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top