Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims not going to work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims not going to work Empty Sims not going to work

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jul 2017, 09:21

Hello, I'm new in the forum and I downloaded the sims 4 game from here about a month ago. My problem is that, before the vampire and toddlers/parenthood update, city living was working fine. I had 0 trouble with anything, but then I decided that was time to update my game (because I love toddlers and parenthood interactions) and i downloaded and installed everything, even the fitness pack in the correct order, but when I played my household it seems like everything worked except for the fact that my objects and furnishure are not showing in build mode. Then I tried to fix the issue reinstalling the game, starting a complete new game without moods, deleting the cache, etc. But nothing worked, so I got back to parenthood. Again, when I started playing everything seemed fine until i notice that my sims doesn't go to work. I mean, at any job, it won't go. It will stay at home and appear like he is working and I can even control him. Also, the next day it will appear like it doesn't have a job at all and I certainly don't know how to fix this. I have tried to search in this forum but maybe i'm missing something, so I decided to post here (I hope this is the right forum Oh my... ). I just hope to find a solution for this issues -the objects in the fitness pack or going to work in parenthood/vampires & toodlers. 

Thanks in advance. And sorry if i misspelled something. I'm not used to write in english so it isn't very good haha.

Back to top Go down

Sims not going to work Empty Re: Sims not going to work

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jul 2017, 15:40

Hi there,

Have you tried re-installing the Vampire -> Parenthood -> Fitness again to see if the bug is fixed? Try to start the game with a fresh sims 4 folder in documents instead. Move out the folder to desktop/D drive (basically just somewhere else) or you can rename it, and then run the game again, a new folder will be created for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jul 2017, 22:52

Ageha wrote:Hi there,

Have you tried re-installing the Vampire -> Parenthood -> Fitness again to see if the bug is fixed? Try to start the game with a fresh sims 4 folder in documents instead. Move out the folder to desktop/D drive (basically just somewhere else) or you can rename it, and then run the game again, a new folder will be created for you.
Yeah, I recently tried reinstalling parenthood but the problem is still there WhatDidUJustCallMe?. I guess I'm going to have unemployed sims only Oh my.... Thanks anyways, I'll install fitness again to see if it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jul 2017, 23:29

Hey, it would be helpful to get a solution actually. I am currently having this problem, the only difference is that on the Get To Work careers (in my case scientist) it works if you join your sim to go to work. Therefore, from the beginning, i have been joining my sim to work (unnaware of this problem) to speed up promotions and he is now maxed out the career. Now i want him to go to work by himself to speed up money making as i am saving up for a bigger house, however he does not seem to be going to work. Then, the next day, he appears to have quit the job without reason. Its lucky that i didnt save or i would have lost the progress it took me a few [human] days to achieve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 06:30

Hi @CzernesterSmile

Unfortunately this bug has been going on for a couple of simmers. There's actually no 'known' solution yet, but from previous topics I've replied to, some managed to get theirs working after updating to Fitness. (This is before the fitness update was out however).

In both your cases, or rather, yours actually, I'd have to suggest to re-install the game instead (since re-installing GTW means it have to be followed by the other packs as well) and, sadly, stop at the pack where it works. And then slowly update them. Make sure that you have backup your saves (the sims 4 folder in documents) before re-installing though, and then start the game 'fresh'. 

In case you're afraid of 'messing' things up, you can make a copy of the Sims 4 installation folder after testing out each packs that it works. You can copy + paste them anywhere else (D Drive/external disk) and then easily switch back between the working and delete the 'non-working' one. 

This issue is actually present in the legit game as well and most solutions were to repair the game via origin, which, we cannot do. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 18:01

@Ageha

Thanks for the advice dude. I don't have a lot of time today so i couldn't uninstall all the expansions (and just as well actually) so i thought while i have a bit of time i might aswell try installing the fitness pack as i had not installed  it yet. I should have thought to do that myself really; looking back, it was quite obvious and my game now works fine. Thanks dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 18:15

Czernester wrote:@Ageha

Thanks for the advice dude. I don't have a lot of time today so i couldn't uninstall all the expansions (and just as well actually) so i thought while i have a bit of time i might aswell try installing the fitness pack as i had not installed  it yet. I should have thought to do that myself really; looking back, it was quite obvious and my game now works fine. Thanks dude
I don't think we would like to being addressed as Dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Aug 2017, 10:55

No problem. The fitness pack fixes most bugs after Vampire and Parenthood. Glad to see updating your game fixes the issue.

Tarac wrote:I don't think we would like to being addressed as Dude
Hahaha. In my case perhaps my icon is not clear that i'm not a dude.  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Aug 2017, 21:44

Ageha wrote:

No problem. The fitness pack fixes most bugs after Vampire and Parenthood. Glad to see updating your game fixes the issue.

Tarac wrote:I don't think we would like to being addressed as Dude
Hahaha. In my case perhaps my icon is not clear that i'm not a dude.  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I use the term often to many people and have always deemed it gender neutral. i didnt realise it can be considered otherwise, forgive me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Aug 2017, 15:31

Oh dear, it didn't offend me at all so there's no need to worry about this.  Very Happy Very Happy @Czernester

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Sep 2017, 19:54

Hi, just want to know if there is already a solution for this since I have the same problem, when it's time for my sim to work, I get a notification to join him, when i clicked on join, he does not go to the clinic/hospital (my sim is a doctor), and the patients are actually going to my sim's house for treatment where I can't do anything since I don't have the equipment to cure them.

I already followed the steps from https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly, except for step no. 10, since my game won't start after installing the The Sims 4: Toddlers Stuff so I went back and installed the The Sims 4: Fitness Stuff and skipped the toddlers stuff (haven't found any solution yet).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Sep 2017, 13:22

Hi @SerPierre ,

Unfortunately I'm not sure since the OP did not update this topic. Do you have any mods installed to your game? If yes, try moving them out and see if your sims is able to go to work now.

Else, since the career that was affected, have you tried re-installing the game again, but stop at Get to Work to see if the bug is still there. If it's not, then update your DLCs one by one and check where the problem starts at.

A user also mentioned 'repairing' the game without the use of ZLOrigin. Provided you have the Sims 4 base game, click on The_Sims_4_Setup.exe and choose Repair. Though I do not know if this repair is the same as how Origin repairs the game. G4TW repair method is basically re-installing the game again from the base game.

Also, what problems are you facing with the Toddler's Stuff? 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top