Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

downloaded sims 3 pets, didn't work, uninstalled, now base game won't work...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

downloaded sims 3 pets, didn't work, uninstalled, now base game won't work... Empty downloaded sims 3 pets, didn't work, uninstalled, now base game won't work...

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2011, 07:22

so, i downloaded and installed the fixed version of pets and everything was fine until i opened the launcher. i got the "unofficial modifications" error and clicked continue like an idiot. searched through forums and tried every possible fix but every time i tried to run the game it would just freeze on the launcher screen.

i uninstalled "pets" and went back to launcher. the game loaded up, i chose my town, but now it freezes on the town load screen. no idea what i've done or how to fix it. someone please help me.

Back to top Go down

downloaded sims 3 pets, didn't work, uninstalled, now base game won't work... Empty Re: downloaded sims 3 pets, didn't work, uninstalled, now base game won't work...

Post by Admin Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:22

Hello,

Please remove the Temporary Ultimate Fix, if you have it applied.
If not, please apply the latest version of our Ultimate Fix, which can be downloaded here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems (First link

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

downloaded sims 3 pets, didn't work, uninstalled, now base game won't work... Empty Re: downloaded sims 3 pets, didn't work, uninstalled, now base game won't work...

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2012, 08:57

i already had the ultimate applied...

//EDIT

oh, and hey, this is great, because i removed all my custom content, i
can't even play the game now. "there was a serious error loading sunset
valley" or something like that, and i can't get past the screen where
you choose a family.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 02 Jan 2012, 10:31

Hello,
Why would you think your game stopped working because you removed your custom content? It seems more likely that it stopped working because an expansionpack was removed, which has (bless EA's heart) always been a hassle at least.
Check if your game is up to date (1.29) and if you're using the latest ultimate fix, which was updated Dec. 18th.

The error you've been getting could've been caused by a mod that was no longer compatible with your game version, always ensure mods/cc are compatible with your patch level. So I think you can safely install Pets again.

I hope you backed up your save games before attempting to install Pets, there's no guarantee you'll be able to load your save games, though there are some things you can try once you've made sure the error is solved.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)